Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Groundbreaking... Pah! I could film my daily bowel motions in B&W and I'm sure it'd be better than eraserhead...

But I did really like mulholland Drive, so I'm not too anti-lynch

Yeh, now.

But not then. Back then no one had produced anything like Eraserhead - and for that it was stunningly powerful. Sure it doesn't rank alongside the all-time greats, whichever angle you come from, but for its contribution to the oeuvre it can't be dismissed.

Yeh, now.

But not then. Back then no one had produced anything like Eraserhead - and for that it was stunningly powerful. Sure it doesn't rank alongside the all-time greats, whichever angle you come from, but for its contribution to the oeuvre it can't be dismissed.

I'm sure I'll use the same argument when I try and force my daughter to be impressed by Star Wars (original), Matrix, Lord of the Rings etc.

But as I watched it last year, it was poor. Yet I've seen much older films that still are good films now: Sunset Boulevard, His Girl Friday, It Happend One Night etc...

You let your 11 year old watch Eraserhead... That's it I'm calling Childline! That's just cruel!

I don't believe in censorship.

We talked about the film first, he'd asked to see something I really rated, I explained the contents and the reasons why things were there - and homages that led from it. We watched it then discussed it afterwards.

The sooner I can totally ween him off films like Transformers the better.

Need help... Calling Daggers, 21st Century Fox and Rico.

I`m looking for a film from the 80`s

Mans car breaks down

Man comes across a shack/house

Fit girl and her dad live there

Girl dances for her dad

Girl falls for man

Man and girl escape

HELP!

Set in the deep south USA and I think it had comfort in its title or southern...

Edited by WTF BBQ

I don't believe in censorship.

We talked about the film first, he'd asked to see something I really rated, I explained the contents and the reasons why things were there - and homages that led from it. We watched it then discussed it afterwards.

The sooner I can totally ween him off films like Transformers the better.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the censorship thing. But purely on a taste basis... Subjecting anyone to it is cruel and unusual punishment! Was he really so naughty? :/

Could you give me a clue - like the actors and the name of the film?

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the censorship thing. But purely on a taste basis... Subjecting anyone to it is cruel and unusual punishment! Was he really so naughty? :/

He's the antithesis of me - he needs some quirks.

Mans car breaks down

Girl dances for her dad

Girl falls for man

Man and girl escape

HELP!

Set in the deep south USA

Is it?;

http://en.wikipedia....%281982_film%29

Edited by Webbo

Just over half way through this and it's pretty damn good so far.

261605,xcitefun-drive-movie-poster-3.jpg

There we go - everyone has opinions.

Mine is that this was a total sack of shite with 25% extra shite.

Superficial, piss-poor development, godawful camera work, no characters worth in the least bit getting interested in, no decent story arcs, poor dialogue - the only thing to it were the death scenes, and they were self-censored in the main.

Fvcking feeble.

Mans car breaks down

Girl dances for her dad

Girl falls for man

Man and girl escape

HELP!

Set in the deep south USA and I think it had comfort in its title or southern...

cold comfort ?

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/110997/-/Product.html?source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:102563&awc=1418_1331360933_f21bf6338bddf9b354d8372995ef4efb

Superficial, piss-poor development, godawful camera work, no characters worth in the least bit getting interested in, no decent story arcs, poor dialogue - the only thing to it were the death scenes, and they were self-censored in the main.

Fvcking feeble.

Not a fan then? lol

Superficial, piss-poor development, godawful camera work, no characters worth in the least bit getting interested in, no decent story arcs, poor dialogue.

Fvcking feeble.

I thought we'd finished talking about Eraserhead?

Fvcking feeble.

As a Lynchian myself, and a recent viewer of Drive, I will very much disagree. You might even say this film is an homage to elements of some Lynch films without the balls out weirdness. For me it's a simple discussion about man's deep rooted violent tendencies, as was Refn's previous films. Which for me, if you've neither seen Bronson or Valhalla Rising you probably won't get where he's coming from. It's also a homage to 80's motifs, as were elements of Bronson.

You may have been not in the mood when you watched it. I say give it a while and retread it. If you still feel the same way then fair enough, but I think there's enough there to consider it a reasonable ode to that that has come before it.

If you dont like Refn's starkness and non-story arc with the absence of dialogue and graphic violence then avoid Valhalla Rising, it won't be your cup of tea. :thumbup:

Mans car breaks down

Girl dances for her dad

Girl falls for man

Man and girl escape

HELP!

Is Sean Penn in it?

oops just seen reply above lol

Edited by rico