Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Girl with the Dragon Tats

I hate the notion of awards but did this win Best Use Of A CL350 at the Oscars?

If not it damn well should have done - what a gorgeous motorbike.

It made me want a café racer and I can't even ride.

(Teach me, Daggers!)

Edited by Finnegan

Realistically I can't really afford it this year.

It's something that I'd definitely like to do but I've already taken out a small personal loan for a trip to Japan this year and I really need to learn to drive first. I appreciate that might be sacrilege to some genuine bike nuts but, being sensible, I figure it's the more valuable, long-term life skill.

Comparing a film to works of Lynch is a pretty sure fire way to put me off. Possibly the most over-hyped film maker of all time.

I'll happily put my hand up and admit that, unfortunately, I had to study his works and being forced to de-construct a piece of art is the fastest way to be put off by it, in my experience. But Christ alive. I remember sitting through Blue Velvet, desperately trying not to fall asleep whilst pretentious morons who didn't even understand the term beat off over how "post-modern" it all was.

Ych y fi.

I'm not an air head, I don't watch films to disengage my brain, I'm happy to be challenged but weird for the sakes of weird? No thank you.

:o Phube and Finners in agreement shocker!

But have you seen Eraserhead?

Saw this last night. A decent film,if not a bit predictable.

I enjoyed it to a point, but being a miserable bastard felt let down more as it progressed culminating in what I felt was a pointless ending.

It showed all the men to be full of bravado but basically weak characters apart from the weakest who suddenly found reserves of strength. Banging the mental illness drum again - the main protagonist simply would not have acted in that way. From how he was when we join the group, he made a totally unbelievable Lazarus-like rise from the mentally dead.

It wasn't a stinker though - a 6/10 as long as you've got something strong to drink and snacks.

filestore.jpg

Library-4801.png

Stunning insight into the most dangerous motor-race, with 5 deaths per mile along its course. A wonderful, and at times deeply moving, look inside the riders, their families, the fans and those who work to run it. The camera work is sumptious.

If you have no interest in the subject matter there's a distinct possibility you'll be bored shitless. I thought the film was nothing short of outstanding.

filestore.jpg

Library-4801.png

Stunning insight into the most dangerous motor-race, with 5 deaths per mile along its course. A wonderful, and at times deeply moving, look inside the riders, their families, the fans and those who work to run it. The camera work is sumptious.

If you have no interest in the subject matter there's a distinct possibility you'll be bored shitless. I thought the film was nothing short of outstanding.

I want to see this even though I have no interest in the sport...I liked senna but don't like F1. I can pretty much watch any documentary.

Hugo - insufferably dull, turned it off after thirty minutes.

The Woman In Black - I knew I shouldn't have listened to the hype and comments on Facebook. It's a horror film for children. Having just finished S1 of American Horror this pales in comparison, and Harry Potter's limp voice really pisses me off - hit puberty man and drop an octave.

Johnny English.

I laughed as the cat fell off the ledge. I laughed as he sat on the cat.

If the whole movie was about inflicting suffering on cats it would have been a winner for me. I scored it low, my kids giggled all the way through...proof that kids are stupid.