Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Johnny English.

I laughed as the cat fell off the ledge. I laughed as he sat on the cat.

If the whole movie was about inflicting suffering on cats it would have been a winner for me. I scored it low, my kids giggled all the way through...proof that kids are stupid.

And yet he likes Eraserhead... Hmmm.... :P

cJayft6o.jpeg

David Blair directs this powerful British Drama, loosely inspired by John Steinbeck's novel 'Of Mice and Men'. Set in Nottingham, the film revolves around the relationship between the thuggish Danny (Stephen Graham) and Joseph (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), a giant of a man with a mental age of seven. When Danny finds himself in debt to a local crime boss, he feels he is left with no choice but to manipulate Joseph into participating in a series of underground cage fights from which Danny can pay his debts.

Thought it was going to be shite but I actually enjoyed it. 6.5/10

Edited by Leicfox

Watched this after a visit to the BFI last week. Superb, gritty, British drama. Very Ken Loach-esque, which for me is a VERY good thing.

fishtank.jpg

Watched this a few weeks back,really good film

Watched this after a visit to the BFI last week. Superb, gritty, British drama. Very Ken Loach-esque, which for me is a VERY good thing.

fishtank.jpg

I haven't seen this yet. I think I remember hearing/reading it's in a strange screen ratio for a film. Did I remember right?

My lad enjoyed Tower Heist so we all watched Ocean's 11 last night. We're doing Ocean's 12 tonight.

Any recommendations in a similar vein?

Quick Change

Inside Man

Dog Day Afternoon

Another good non-obvious heist film would be L.A. Takedown, which is essentially a simpler version of Heat (which of course is another great heist film). Both of course are Mann films, but I think the original has a lot to recommend it for not being so overblown - shorter and easier to digest.