Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

21 Jump Street is well worth the watch. Johnny Depp's cameo is pure class.

Top quality cast actually - Brie Larsson I love from Scott Pilgrim. Dave Franco is much funnier than his brother and was the only good thing about the final series of Scrubs. Ellie Kemper is fit as funke. Jake Johnson from New Girl and my favourite Ron Bloody Swanson! Amazing. Rob Riggle's always funny too.

Edited by General Smuts

animalhouseBritos.jpg

Just watched this again for the 97th time. Still makes me laugh.

Watched this the other year with high expectations... Didn't laugh once... Maybe it was edgy once, but just dull.

I made it 50 minutes into Tree of Life and had to turn that utter wank stain of a film off, ugh, it actually enraged me.

You can join me in the Anti-Malick league! Most overrated director EVER!

21 Jump Street is well worth the watch. Johnny Depp's cameo is pure class.

Top quality cast actually - Brie Larsson I love from Scott Pilgrim. Dave Franco is much funnier than his brother and was the only good thing about the final series of Scrubs. Ellie Kemper is fit as funke. Jake Johnson from New Girl and my favourite Ron Bloody Swanson! Amazing. Rob Riggle's always funny too.

I wanted to watch that as soon as I saw Ron was in it. He's in the new Spanish language Will Ferrell film Casa De Mi Padre too!

You can join me in the Anti-Malick league! Most overrated director EVER!

After 5 minutes: "Ooo, this looks a bit different"

After 10 minutes: "Ok, is someone going to speak now?"

After 20 minutes: "Right, jellyfish and clouds are cool but come on now"

After 30 minutes: "Ok, now you're just taking the piss"

After 50 minutes: "That's it I'm done"

I was raging.

Anyone else think Zoolander is garbage? There are a couple of bits that are genuinely funny (When he trashes the model centre because he doesn't know it's just a model) but that was it, there were only a couple. From the amount of people that rave about it I expected that sort of humour all the way through.

It's like a parody but it's not, I think it's trying to be genuinely funny.

The shit, annoying, exaggerated voices are just...that.

Ben Stiller is so limited, I just find him so unfunny and can only imagine he appeals to 8 year olds.

It's boring.

It's rarely clever.

The storyline is boring and unoriginal. (I know there's a lot of comedy's like that that seem to be churned out of Hollywood nowadays but they get found out for it, this seems to entertain people).

We get it, models aren't intelligent, we don't need this many shitty lines and gags about it.

So many more niggles that I'd have to sit through it again which I'm not going to do. 2 or 3 out of 10 for me. The same amount of redeeming moments in the whole film.

• Like 1

Anyone else think Zoolander is garbage? There are a couple of bits that are genuinely funny (When he trashes the model centre because he doesn't know it's just a model) but that was it, there were only a couple. From the amount of people that rave about it I expected that sort of humour all the way through.

Ben Stiller is so limited, I just find him so unfunny and can only imagine he appeals to 8 year olds.

It's boring.

It's rarely clever.

The storyline is boring and unoriginal. (I know there's a lot of comedy's like that that seem to be churned out of Hollywood nowadays but they get found out for it, this seems to entertain people).

We get it, models aren't intelligent, we don't need this many shitty lines and gags about it.

So many more niggles that I'd have to sit through it again which I'm not going to do. 2 or 3 out of 10 for me. The same amount of redeeming moments in the whole film.

I'm with you on that. I'd say the bulk of modern mainstream Hollywood comedies are similarly overrated. Anchorman springs to mind. I always have very low expectations of any film starring Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler, and I'm very rarely surprised by them.

Edited by Raw Dykes

I'm with you on that. I'd say the bulk of modern mainstream Hollywood comedies are similarly overrated. Anchorman springs to mind. I always have very low expectations of any film starring Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler, and I'm very rarely surprised by them.

The thing is I like a lot of films like Anchorman. I'm not gonna claim they're the best comedies ever but Anchorman, 40 year old virgin, step brothers, stuff like that, all so much better than Zoolander.

I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan tbh but Anchorman and Step Brothers are pretty funny. I like Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell so I guess it's down to personal preference as well. I just think they're generally funnier people than Stiller, Ferrell and Sandler.

I'm gonna be contaversial here (I know!) but I found the Evil Dead Trilogy ridiculously over-rated... maybe because I only watched them all in the last few years... ?

Eraserhead, Evil Dead - and now Animal House?

I am presenting you with the Dangerous Tiger Award for contributions to the film thread.

It's boring.

It's rarely clever.

I enjoyed the two night at the museum films.

Quiet looking forward to seeing this...

And I also argree that Anchorman is so over rated and unfunny.

That looks superb, I loved that.

And Anchorman was a massive pile of unfunny, over-rated bollocks.

Quiet looking forward to seeing this...

And I also argree that Anchorman is so over rated and unfunny.

I was expecting some funny stuff from this. I fear I may have seen the funniest one-liners of the film already and even that wasn't that funny. I don't understand it as I like Family Guy, and with a few curse words and clever writing I thought I'd be on this one. I might miss this one on purpose methinks.

Good action, though I have a feeling the set pieces are a bit contrived and the two woman fight are box ticking exercises.

The designs are good though. May deliver some surprises. Dirty Minority Report anyone?

The original version with Arnie stank worse than chicken shit.