Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I'm with you on that. I'd say the bulk of modern mainstream Hollywood comedies are similarly overrated. Anchorman springs to mind. I always have very low expectations of any film starring Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler, and I'm very rarely surprised by them.

Strange I LOVE Zoolander, and think Anchorman is Okay... :dunno:

After 5 minutes: "Ooo, this looks a bit different"

After 10 minutes: "Ok, is someone going to speak now?"

After 20 minutes: "Right, jellyfish and clouds are cool but come on now"

After 30 minutes: "Ok, now you're just taking the piss"

After 50 minutes: "That's it I'm done"

I was raging.

Next try The Thin Red Line :yawn:

Eraserhead, Evil Dead - and now Animal House?

I am presenting you with the Dangerous Tiger Award for contributions to the film thread.

When did you first see Evil Dead? Just a question. I just think it's of its time! Very much like Animal house. Eraserhead belongs in no time!

This is have my reservations about, One of the funniest films ever made but this might destroy all those fond memoires :nono:

Dumb and Dumber 2 will begin shooting in September.

Peter Farrelly, the co-director of the original Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels-starring 1994 comedy, has emphasised that this is the movie's first true sequel.

"We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," he told ComingSoon.net.

"It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."

The 2003 prequel Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd did not feature the original stars.

"We did not do Dumb and Dumberer," Farrelly continued. "That was a studio thing.

"So we've always wanted to do a sequel and finally Jim called up. Jeff always wanted to do it. We always wanted to do it.

"Jim was busy, but he called and said, 'We've got to do this thing again.' He had just watchedDumb and Dumber and he said, 'This is the perfect sequel. Let's do it.'"

This is have my reservations about, One of the funniest films ever made but this might destroy all those fond memoires :nono:

Dumb and Dumber 2 will begin shooting in September.

Peter Farrelly, the co-director of the original Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels-starring 1994 comedy, has emphasised that this is the movie's first true sequel.

"We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," he told ComingSoon.net.

"It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."

The 2003 prequel Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd did not feature the original stars.

"We did not do Dumb and Dumberer," Farrelly continued. "That was a studio thing.

"So we've always wanted to do a sequel and finally Jim called up. Jeff always wanted to do it. We always wanted to do it.

"Jim was busy, but he called and said, 'We've got to do this thing again.' He had just watchedDumb and Dumber and he said, 'This is the perfect sequel. Let's do it.'"

Reading between the lines... Jim Carrey's career is in the toilet and desperately needs a hit.

I'll watch it so long as he makes this sound again....

This sounds like a shit idea...

Craig and opening ceremony artistic director Danny Boyle have shot a skit titled The Arrival in which 007 travels to Buckingham Palace to be informed that his latest mission is to launch the 2012 games. He is then taken by helicopter to the Olympic stadium in Stratford, east London, where he parachutes into the arena. Boyle and Craig were reportedly given unprecedented access to the palace and its private rooms last week after the Queen personally sanctioned the move. The short film will be shown during the BBC's coverage of the opening ceremony.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/apr/02/london-2012-daniel-craig-olympics-bond

That does indeed sound fooking dreadful. I get the tongue in cheek, cos it's GB, but who ever greenlit this, it's going to be on the internet afterwards to pronounce how awful the Olympics has been*

*I have a sinking feeling about this one.

Its going to be lame lets face it, a load of celebs that most of the world don't know parading about, some unorganised crappy display and a couple of sparklers.

But in a weird way its kinda funny.

When did you first see Evil Dead? Just a question. I just think it's of its time! Very much like Animal house. Eraserhead belongs in no time!

When it was released onto Betamax, as with the other two.

At least you're spot on with Zoolander. :D

Watched 50/50 last night.

Having gone through cancer with my Dad for the last 6 or 7 years I really wasn't sure if I could watch a "comedy" about someone with cancer, I thought it might be a bit too close to the bone.

I was pleasantly surprised though. It was very well handled and the mix of comedy to serious was just about spot on. Not many films have made me laugh out loud and cry within a couple of minutes of each other, it was a roller coaster but I'm glad I watched it.

I watched the Iron Lady over the weekend. Having lived through the whole lot and disliked the woman at the time I was surprised how sad the film made me feel. Dennis deserved a mention in the awards too.

As much a story about Alzheimers as about polotics or her life.

Watched 50/50 last night.

Having gone through cancer with my Dad for the last 6 or 7 years I really wasn't sure if I could watch a "comedy" about someone with cancer, I thought it might be a bit too close to the bone.

I was pleasantly surprised though. It was very well handled and the mix of comedy to serious was just about spot on. Not many films have made me laugh out loud and cry within a couple of minutes of each other, it was a roller coaster but I'm glad I watched it.

Excellent film Babs, I was very much in the same boat as you regarding the cancer story, but it was an quality film.

I got round to watching Macgruber last night after seeing some recommendations on here. To be honest it was quite funny and I did enjoy it, was so bad it was good.

Personal fav quote

MacGruber: And no you can't ride in the trunk bud! Cuz the trunk is packed full of 45 pounds worth of homemade C4 explosives that I personally packed with these two ha...[explodes] :crylaugh:

watched Mission impossible 4 last night.

Was okay

I watched the same movie this morning. Not through your window. I don't know where you live. However, it was meh. Direction wasn't terribly great, and the gadgets in this one have gone overboard. It lost any concept of realism with floaty jacketsuits.

Also little note to future directors, save the compilation clips for the credits at the end, not the beginning of the movie, I thanks you.

I watched the same movie this morning. Not through your window. I don't know where you live. However, it was meh. Direction wasn't terribly great, and the gadgets in this one have gone overboard. It lost any concept of realism with floaty jacketsuits.

Also little note to future directors, save the compilation clips for the credits at the end, not the beginning of the movie, I thanks you.

Did they not flash SPOILERS on the screen first?

I agree with everything you said which is why I said it was "okay".

I could watch it through to the end. The "funny" guy wasn't so funny, the gadgets were a bit naff and the compilation was a terrible idea at the brginning of the movie. But it was still watchable.

Dragon-Eyes-DVD-283x399.jpg

In St. Jude, drug dealers and corrupt cops have destroyed an urban neighborhood. But newcomer, Hong, has the fighting skills and moral vision to save this town from itself.

Not bad for a straight to dvd film. Takes you back to them early 90's action flicks.