Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Million Dollar Baby, one of those supposed top films I've never seen.

How is it?

Brilliant film. Well worth a watch. As good as Gran Torino.

Meanwhile I watched this last night:

dead-snow-poster.jpg

Awesome Zombie film, borrows heavily from Evil Dead (but is better :P ). I mean Zombie Nazis... what's not to like!?

Edited by Phube

Phube is wrong. Whilst well acted, especially Hillary Swank, the story is schmaltzy and predictable. It's good, but not great. Raging Bull and Cinderella Man are where it's at for boxing films (or When We Were Kings, though that's really a documentary). Curiously enough, they're all based on true stories.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Phube is wrong. Whilst well acted, especially Hillary Swank, the story is schmaltzy and predictable. It's good, but not great. Raging Bull and Cinderella Man are where it's at for boxing films (or When We Were Kings, though that's really a documentary). Curiously enough, they're all based on true stories.

Soo much better than Raging Bull... oooh controversial!! Just having watched RB just the other week... wasn't really impressed at all...

Meanwhile I watched this last night:

dead-snow-poster.jpg

Awesome Zombie film, borrows heavily from Evil Dead (but is better :P ). I mean Zombie Nazis... what's not to like!?

The acting (apart from clint) in gran torino was terrible.

Coming towards the end of a week off and I'm bored shitless, I need something to watch.

I'm in a tits and blood mood, no Smuts I'm not watching The Hottie & the Nottie.

There's tits and blood in The Machinist, though probably not in the way you mean.

Can I recommend...

220px-Planet-terror-1.jpg

Attempted to watch through all the Star Wars films last bank holiday Monday (only made it to A New Hope - it doesn't help that the first 3 are the worst films and you're at the point of giving up by the time you reach the good stuff) and I came to an interesting realisation that I hope you'll follow through with me, because it is a shocking truth.

Jedi are not supposed to feel emotion - they are not allowed to have physical, loving relationships.

however

The Sith are positively encouraged to harness their emotions and to express their lust.

Now this is interesting because

many people in the last two censuses declared their religion as "Jedi".

many of these same people declared themselves as being in emotional, physical relationships.

Therefore

surely they weren't Jedi, but were in fact...

SITH!

They walk among us. :ph34r:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu