Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales. Top film and I think the makers of Red Dead Redemption nicked a lot of it for that game. I love westerns, but it's so rare they get made now - the last decent one was 3:10 to Yuma and that was a remake.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales. Top film and I think the makers of Red Dead Redemption nicked a lot of it for that game. I love westerns, but it's so rare they get made now - the last decent one was 3:10 to Yuma and that was a remake.

I wasn't a massive fan of 3:10 to Yuma, I think the last good one I can think of was Open Range. There's a new one out soon called Blackthorn, that's about Butch Cassidy hypothetically surviving Bolivia and picks up his story in his old age.

I wasn't a massive fan of 3:10 to Yuma, I think the last good one I can think of was Open Range. There's a new one out soon called Blackthorn, that's about Butch Cassidy hypothetically surviving Bolivia and picks up his story in his old age.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was a good film, even if the title was too long. More recent than Open Range (and now that I've checked it, about the same time as 3:10 to Yuma.) So THAT might even be the last decent western.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was a good film, even if the title was too long. More recent than Open Range (and now that I've checked it, about the same time as 3:10 to Yuma.) So THAT might even be the last decent western.

I thought the exact same thing about 10 minutes after writing that. I also really like the True Grit remake. Also The Proposition if you count that as an Australian western.

Recently watched:

Tower Heist --- 4.9/10

Chronicle --- 6.7/10

City of God --- 9.8/10 (bit late on this one i know)

Drive --- 9.2/10

The Ides of March --- 6.8/10

The Rum Diary --- 5.9/10

The Descendants --- 9.1/10

Midnight in Paris --- 0.2/10

Contagion --- 5.4/10

Goodbye Solo --- 8.1/10

The Hunger Games --- 8.1/10

The Station Agent --- 8.3/10

Half Nelson --- 9.3/10

Super 8 --- 6.8/10

Margin Call --- 6.4/10

How to Train your Dragon --- 9.4/10

Blue Valentine --- 7.1/10

More importantly, how can you only rate the Station Agent point-zero-two better than the ****ing Hunger Game

Urgh.

The station agent was a touching tale of unlikely friendship. Hunger games was a teenage girl hero movie. If it wasn't for the attractiveness of katniss then THG was a 5.2

Edited by dave the caveman

KickinItOldSchoolMoviePoster.jpg

A young breakdancer hits his head during a talent show and slips into a coma for twenty years. Waking up in 2006, he looks to revive his and his team's career with the help of his girlfriend and his parents.

Reminded me of the film BIG. Not brilliant but light hearted fun.

More importantly, how can you only rate the Station Agent point-zero-two better than the ****ing Hunger Games?

Urgh.

Perhaps even more concerning is The Ides of March compared to as you so rightly put it ****ing hunger games!