Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

600full-oldboy-cover.jpg

I can't believe I waited so long to see this. Amazing.

The Hollywood remake that's in the works sounds f**king horrendously sh*t.

Hollywood should seriosuly give up on redoing foreign films. They're never an improvement and if people can't be bothered with subtitles, well, that's their loss.

Hollywood should seriosuly give up on redoing foreign films. They're never an improvement and if people can't be bothered with subtitles, well, that's their loss.

I know it's definitely one of my pet hates. I can't think of many/any that are improvements, maybe some are equals but for different reasons like the Spaghetti Westerns that were Samurai remakes, but everything else generally turns out pretty worthless. Anything that gets released in the States with subtitles is usually automatically considered art house.

We Bought A Zoo tonight.

Not us, we watched the film. There's not many films you can watch as a family spanning generations where everyone enjoyed it. Maybe if my lad was a few years older he'd be too busy sulking, thinking of his next argument an popping off for a wank...but he isn't so he didn't. And we all loved it.

A really, really nice film.

What are some good films where the good guys don't win at the end? I'm fed up with seeing high fives, chest bumps and hugs at the finale. I want some more realistic kind of films where 'the big man' destroys everybody, urinates on them and walks away laughing with all the money and gash!

What are some good films where the good guys don't win at the end? I'm fed up with seeing high fives, chest bumps and hugs at the finale. I want some more realistic kind of films where 'the big man' destroys everybody, urinates on them and walks away laughing with all the money and gash!

Surely what you request will give everyone a list a of films where they know the ending, thus spoiling any surprise. I am still seething all these years later, when someone spoiled Se7en for me.

220px-TrespassMovie.jpg

Though just who the good guys might be is difficult to work out.

Errr... Spoilers (obviously):

Usual Suspects, The Mist, The Boy in Striped Pyjamas, Cube, Saw, Alma (short), Pan's Labyrinth, Leon, The Green Mile, The Wicker Man, United 93, Titanic, Phone booth, Sunset Boulevard, American Beauty, American History X, Into the Wild, Festen, Downfall (in a fashion), Don't Look Now, Donnie Darko, The Death of Mr. Lazerescu, Dead Man's Shoes, Cyrano de Bergerac, Saving Private Ryan, ChinaTown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Great Escape, A Man for All Seasons, Requiem for a Dream, Se7en, Scarface, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, ...

And many, many more!

Edited by Phube

Errr... Spoilers (obviously):

Usual Suspects, The Mist, The Boy in Striped Pyjamas, Cube, Saw, Alma (short), Pan's Labyrinth, Leon, The Green Mile, The Wicker Man, United 93, Titanic, Phone booth, Sunset Boulevard, American Beauty, American History X, Into the Wild, Festen, Downfall (in a fashion), Don't Look Now, Donnie Darko, The Death of Mr. Lazerescu, Dead Man's Shoes, Cyrano de Bergerac, Saving Private Ryan, ChinaTown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Great Escape, A Man for All Seasons, Requiem for a Dream, Se7en, Scarface, ...

And many, many more!

I'd disagree on that one - it's more bittersweet than what anything, rather like the end to Life Is Beautiful (and what a film that is!)

I'd disagree on that one - it's more bittersweet than what anything, rather like the end to Life Is Beautiful (and what a film that is!)

Unless you take from the film, like I did, that she dies in the end... and she dreams the last bit...

More:

Watchmen, Gran Torino, In Bruges, Million Dollar Baby, Lost in Translation, Gone with the Wind, Babel, Das Boot, Sideways, Falling Down, Harold and Maude, Kes, Watership Down, Brief Encounter, Moon...

Unless you take from the film, like I did, that she dies in the end... and she dreams the last bit...

Oooh, I'll have to watch it again.

You're wrong about Watership Down though. :P Bittersweet again.

You might as well include Silent Running.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

MV5BMTUzODUyNjkxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA5MTM1Mg@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg