Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Avengers is totally meh.

Basically every summer blockbuster cliche rolled into one. Wasn't bad or anything but it's been done a million times now, it's why I think the batman films are so popular, they have a little something different.

Avengers is totally meh.

Basically every summer blockbuster cliche rolled into one. Wasn't bad or anything but it's been done a million times now, it's why I think the batman films are so popular, they have a little something different.

I saw it yesterday and I agree completely. I wasn't bored, but I wasn't entertained either. It had a lame story, soulless villains (an excellent Tom Hiddleston withstanding) and plot holes galore.

SPOILER ALERT

I was left dumbfounded how the hulk was smashing shit to bits one minute and trying to tear Scarlett a new asshole because banner can't control him. Then the next time we see him he's purring like a pussy cat. I can't believe some of the 10/10 reviews. To me it's just another superhero film in a genre that has been saturated to the point of no return for me. The trailers had the excellent looking Prometheus and another dull spiderman.

Only 2 maybe 3 films this year to be bothered about. The aforementioned Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises* and The Hobbit.

* I agree with the above, Nolan has made this series of Batman films as gritty crime thrillers, not the comedic SFX fest that Marvel is behind

Avengers Assemble? 4/10 - disassemble, put in box and store in attic.

I have managed to evade your spoiler above but can i suggest you ACTUALLY put it in 'spoiler' so those who are reading don't accidentally read along! I thanks you and I'm sure others will too! :thumbup:

I dunno how to hide text on iPad. It's not really a spoiler anyway. The message of my short review is don't bother is only average.... Certainly not worth the 1, 2, 3, 4 films that have been building up to it.

That hasn't been the case for a while now. Anything Denzel does with Tony Scott is usually a god awful mess and De Niro's just been picking up pay checks for years now, Righteous Kill!

I'm the biggest De Niro fan on the planet and I agree with this. While many of his later films haven't been good, his performances (in my opinion) always are up to his usual high standards.

Yeah he's been in some of the worst crap ever to grace a bargain bin but the films he made in The Netherlands before he came to Hollywood were good, but that's what I mean he never really got that many decent roles for the talent he has. He was perfect in Batman Begins. I'm waiting for The Heinieken Kidnapping to be released over here, that looks good.

If you've never seen Soldier of Orange, I highly recommend it. Rutger Hauer and Paul Verhoeven before they moved to Hollywood and made schlocky crap.

HULK SMASH

PUNY HUMANS!

MV5BMTk2NTI1MTU4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg0OTY0Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Best Marvel adaptation yet? Probably.

I'm seeing good reviews from comic book fans and not so much from non-comic book fans. I'm guessing some people are missing the point?

Seeing this on Monday.

I'm seeing good reviews from comic book fans and not so much from non-comic book fans. I'm guessing some people are missing the point?

I took eight 12-13yr olds, they loved it.

I adore the original comics, I loved it...but I was narked that it wasn't The Avengers.

No Ant Man and no Wasp; Hawkeye, the Cap and Tin Ribs were all in the wrong costumes and Thor should be able to become a mild mannered medical doctor. In fact, Hawkeye and the Black Widow shouldn't have been there at all.

There is some great comedy with plenty of laugh out loud moments and at least two moments where I imagined the reaction of Dr. Sheldon Cooper were he watching with me.

I believe it's the best transition from Marvel comic to screen to date and I hope it continues improving for when someone eventually makes Alan Moore's Captain Britain.

I took eight 12-13yr olds, they loved it.

I adore the original comics, I loved it...but I was narked that it wasn't The Avengers.

No Ant Man and no Wasp; Hawkeye, the Cap and Tin Ribs were all in the wrong costumes and Thor should be able to become a mild mannered medical doctor. In fact, Hawkeye and the Black Widow shouldn't have been there at all.

There is some great comedy with plenty of laugh out loud moments and at least two moments where I imagined the reaction of Dr. Sheldon Cooper were he watching with me.

I believe it's the best transition from Marvel comic to screen to date and I hope it continues improving for when someone eventually makes Alan Moore's Captain Britain.

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish have been working on an Ant-Man script for about 3 or 4 years so if that finally ever gets made, he'll probably pop up in a sequel... probably played by Simon Pegg I'd imagine.

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish have been working on an Ant-Man script for about 3 or 4 years so if that finally ever gets made, he'll probably pop up in a sequel... probably played by Simon Pegg I'd imagine.

OOoh, no way could he hold a full solo movie - I've just read the Wiki and it leaves me cold.

I saw it yesterday and I agree completely. I wasn't bored, but I wasn't entertained either. It had a lame story, soulless villains (an excellent Tom Hiddleston withstanding) and plot holes galore.

SPOILER ALERT

I was left dumbfounded how the hulk was smashing shit to bits one minute and trying to tear Scarlett a new asshole because banner can't control him. Then the next time we see him he's purring like a pussy cat. I can't believe some of the 10/10 reviews. To me it's just another superhero film in a genre that has been saturated to the point of no return for me. The trailers had the excellent looking Prometheus and another dull spiderman.

Only 2 maybe 3 films this year to be bothered about. The aforementioned Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises* and The Hobbit.

* I agree with the above, Nolan has made this series of Batman films as gritty crime thrillers, not the comedic SFX fest that Marvel is behind

Avengers Assemble? 4/10 - disassemble, put in box and store in attic.

I actually said the same thing about Hulk to my mate afterwards, and apparently it's because he has two kinds of rage, one which comes from external sources like aliens n shit shooting at him which he has no control over and the the other is within, which is always there, he controls it at will hence the bit about his 'secret.'

So yeah.

And thanks for letting me know I'm not a weirdo film nerd cos I was the only one who didn't rate it.

Oh yeah and I've been looking forward to Prometheus for months, looks immense, apparently it's a subtle spin off of Alien but I dunno how much truth there is to that. Either way it looks amazing.

Edited by Ozwin