Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watching Drive again for like the 4th or 5th time. I bum this film.

Not sure if you know this already, but apparently Drive is influenced by The Driver, starring Ryan O'Neal, from 1978. It's directed by Walter Hill, the same bloke who made The Warriors. I don't know, 'cos I haven't seen Drive yet, but I can recommend The Driver if you like that sort of thing.

driver.jpg

Edited by Raw Dykes

Went to see Avengers today,thought for the first hour it was pretty slow,but once the action kicked in i really enjoyed it

Some really good action scenes and laugh out loud comedy moments

Can't really say that any children under 12 will understand some of the jargon though!

7/10

Just seen the Avengers, or Avengers Assemble as it is titled here.

Enjoyed it and it was nice to see the Avengers given justice on the big screen.

If you go to see it stay until the end of the main credits for the big reveal of the next films possible main bad guy, for those that have read the comics a certain mad titan ;)

Just watched The Bank Robbery. From the credits at the end it seems it was based on a true story. In Zingaris area. Mp's hired crims to pull off bank job to recover incriminating photos. MI5 MI6 involved. Luckily for a couple of the robbers they found the honest copper in London who arrested the MP's for corruption etc.

Watched quite a few films over the last 3 days some good, some bad.

Ghost Town - Ricky Gervais film and as unfunny and annoying as his actual self 2/10

Ceder Rapids - Yawn, not funny and very boring - 3/10

Chronical - Pretty bad in my opinion and ruined something that had the potential to be very good - 4/10

Faster - Billy Bob Thornton & Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, the run of the mill kind of action film - 4/10

Abertross - Nice english film set on the Isle of Man - 5/10

Super Troopers - Funny-ish american comedy about traffic cops, Seems more like a stoner film though - 5/10

Super(2010) - Kick Ass this isn't! The guy from the American Office and that girl from Juno decided to be super heroes,Quite a good film and really enjoyable - 7/10

Crazy, Stupid, Love - Very good for a romcom - 7/10

Sherlock Holmes 2 - Surprisingly good considering I had not seen the first one, but it was way to long - 5/10

Good Bless America - A strange film, Kind of like the classic film Falling Down but on a much larger scale. An interesting watch and sumes up everything which is wrong with western culture in todays society - 6.5/10

Children Of Men - Never got round to seeing this until recently when the missus was going on that she wanted to watch it, She fell asleep 5mins into it and I was hooked and really enjoyed it for the performance of Michael Caine. 6.5/10

The Divide - Fantastic film for a film with no big named stars or no major production backing well worth a watch - 8/10

Intouchables - French film about a wealthy disabled man who hires a man with not alot going for him, Again very good film for those interested in foreign cinema - 8/10 ( those interested in foreign cinema i recommend La Haine(french), Die Welle(German), 20th Century Boys trilogy(Chinese) all fantastic)

Got The Lookout, Marley(Documentary), The kid with a bike(french), Avengers Assemble, Hysteria, Shame all to watch in the next few days.

Chronicle was ****ing brilliant. One of the films of the year so far. You have diabolical taste.

I thought it was poorly scripted,had way to many holes in the plot and was very predictable. Just Hollywood churning out the same rubbish that people, like yourself love to lap up. Maybe instead finding faults with other peoples taste in film your own could do with some revision :P What would you recommend to me then Finners?

Bad%2BAss%2Bmovie%2Bposter.jpg

A Vietnam veteran who becomes a local hero after saving a man from attackers on a city bus decides to take action when his best friend is murdered and the police show little interest in solving the crime.

It's no Machete but Ok for a low budget film.

220px-WE_film_poster.jpg

The affair between King Edward VIII and American divorcée Wallis Simpson, and a contemporary romance between a married woman and a Russian security guard.

Madonna's new flick, The wife enjoyed it, I didn't.

Edited by Leicfox

I thought it was poorly scripted,had way to many holes in the plot and was very predictable. Just Hollywood churning out the same rubbish that people, like yourself love to lap up. Maybe instead finding faults with other peoples taste in film your own could do with some revision :P What would you recommend to me then Finners?

Uhm, Hollywood churning out the same rubbish?

It was one of the most original takes on the genre that's ever been done, with a debutant director, a cast of unknowns and filmed on a relative shoestring budget (for a release of it's scope) in South Africa because of monetary constraints.

And what exactly do people "like me" love to "lap up?" You've not got a clue, have you? The Divide for ****s sakes?

Uhm, Hollywood churning out the same rubbish?

It was one of the most original takes on the genre that's ever been done, with a debutant director, a cast of unknowns and filmed on a relative shoestring budget (for a release of it's scope) in South Africa because of monetary constraints.

And what exactly do people "like me" love to "lap up?" You've not got a clue, have you? The Divide for ****s sakes?

I would hardly claim that the film is original in its concept, it has simply taken two different genres(Sci-Fi & Comic book) and put them together with the hope of finding a niche in the market. The whole "footage" style of film making has been done to death and is a poor gimmick - Cloverfield, (REC), Blair Witch Project, Troll Hunter ect ect ect.

The fact that it was made on a shoe string budget is testament that no self respecting production company would want to put their name to something that has been done before and is as stale as the burger buns at the KP Stadium.

I thought the film had great potential to be something really good but it let it's self down by going with the footage style of filming, Maybe my expectations were to high for the film before I started watching it. I cannot help but feel dissapointed

What do people like you, love to lap up? Films like The Muppets Movie....... and commercial crap that lacks any form of originality.

As for me not having a clue I would like to think 3 years studying Film & Media studies which I am expected to achieve a First for, Working on the set of such films as The Wolfman, West is West, Burke & Hare, 4-3-2-1 and Shank would give me a far better insight to the way the British and Film Industry in general works, Don't you? :thumbup:

Seven Samurai is one of the best black and white films I have ever seen, The Muppets was ruddy garbage though :D

I don't understand this statement?? What has the colour (or lack of it) got to do with a films quality? :unsure:

If you'd have said samurai/martial art/Japanese/village based films that'd make sense... But B&W isn't a genre/region/country...

From your statement I'd guess you either mean 'old' i.e. you think 95% of B&W films are crap, but this is a good one? Or you think it has the best use of grey scale you've seen in a movie?

To get out a bit rather than watch that much filmage in three days? :whistle::P

I doubt even Stephen Hawkings watches that many films in 3 days.

You were right about Avengers though. It's all kinds of awesome sauce! Much better than the last two Marvel films.

220px-Paris_texas_moviep.jpg

Not bad, but the ending was overly long... like 20mins too long... Didn't answer some of my questions either... :(

boys-brazil-108011.jpg

Nice idea (not the actual cloning plan!) well executed. Buy is a bit freaky too!

Edited by Phube

Love that film. Two acting titans finally sharing the screen... Steve Guttenberg & Sir Larry.

That was my biggest disappointment! They never spent the time together... just over the phone... :P