Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

As for me not having a clue I would like to think 3 years studying Film & Media studies which I am expected to achieve a First for, Working on the set of such films as The Wolfman, West is West, Burke & Hare, 4-3-2-1 and Shank would give me a far better insight to the way the British and Film Industry in general works, Don't you? :thumbup:

"Working on the set" = making tea.

• Like 2

"Working on the set" = making tea.

lol very much so. Did a bit of running for cash in hand at uni, ridiculous work. Mate of mine doing television production used to love it though.

This sort of elitism makes me giggle though, there were a lot of students like him on my course. Act as if nobody else in the history of the world has studied film. Even to the very people in their lectures with them. We made fine art students look modest and humble.

Shouldn't be too condescending though, I was just as up myself five or six years ago. Patronizing anyone that didn't watch subtitled films, hadn't seen Un Chien Andalou or the Great Train Robbery.

These days I just don't give a ****. The reality is that Hollywood simply just IS responsible for the majority of our better films. It might be hip to claim the contrary but, eh, you achieve massive global popularity for a reason.

Shouldn't be too condescending though, I was just as up myself five or six years ago. Patronizing anyone that didn't watch subtitled films, hadn't seen Un Chien Andalou or the Great Train Robbery.

No, but a great many people haven't seen some of the finest films ever made because they can't be arsed (or are too stupid) to read dialogue. Having said that, over the years I am more inclined to just shrug and say "your loss", than try and fight a losing battle.

Though a good whack around the head can bring you to your senses... ask Clint Barton.

The Tree Of Life

From what I read its a very much love/hate kind of film.

But I guess I'm one of the few who wasn't in either camp.

No question it was interesting, I've not seen anything quite like it, I did find it moving in parts, I also thought it was too self-absorbed, I did read that penn thought the screenplay was one of the best he'd ever read but was very dissapointed with the way the film turned out.

6/10.

The Tree Of Life

From what I read its a very much love/hate kind of film.

But I guess I'm one of the few who wasn't in either camp.

No question it was interesting, I've not seen anything quite like it, I did find it moving in parts, I also thought it was too self-absorbed, I did read that penn thought the screenplay was one of the best he'd ever read but was very dissapointed with the way the film turned out.

6/10.

Good aul IMDB Did you know - trivia :P

Finally watched The Hurt Locker and give it a 8.0/10

Started watching Red Road but couldn't finish it

Started watching The Guard but couldn't finish it

The Book of Eli --- 7.8/10

There Will Be Blood --- 8.5/10

Moon --- 8.5/10

Still have The Artist to watch. Also have The Tree of Life to watch. And I've been meaning to watch The Fountain for ages. Plus I want to go and see The Cabin in the Woods but the mrs is too scared.

The Guard was absolutely superb, Brendan Gleeson is criminally under-appreciated.

Yeah, the reviews are great, so I will give it another go some time. Tbh the only reason i stopped watching is because I find the Irish accent a bit irritating and I need to be in a certain mood to tolerate it.

I've been meaning to see that - is that the one that was done in 3D with a bike doing a whole lap?

yes. It does have on board cameras. Some horrific crashes, and a star is born in guy martin....legend.

And I'm not a fan of the sport.