Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Went to see Valkyrie last night. Average.

Anybody seen My Bloody Valentine yet? Going to see it soon hopefully.

Yes... just like EVERY single modern slasher flick. As long as you know what to expet you'll be fine.

The 3D is okay, but here are some points I'll make:

1) Sit closer to the screen the glasses shrink your field of view.

2) Fast motions don't work very well (therefore chase scenes aren't very good!)

3) Works better in daylight... the film is either at night or in a mine!

Watched Rocknrolla on DVD today... I quite enjoyed it and was surprised how funny it was (robbery scene with russian war crime people after them mostly). A blatant Lock Stock/Layer Cake rip of granted, but still enjoyable and some great performances in it.

Its really my kinda fillum - im loathe to reccomend it to others without knowing them because of the type of film it is. Really fun film though.

Just finished watching this. Watched most of it t'other day and watched the rest today.

Surprisingly decent indeed.

Just finished watching This is England for the first time.

Great film, loved it. Bit uncomfortable viewing at times but a fine film nonetheless. :thumbup:

I not seen that yet but loved Dead Mans Shoes by the same guy. Shane Meadows films are so true to life growing up on the estate it's unreal. Proper portrayal of growing up in the 80's This is England looks like. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow

I not seen that yet but loved Dead Mans Shoes by the same guy. Shane Meadows films are so true to life growing up on the estate it's unreal. Proper portrayal of growing up in the 80's This is England looks like. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow

I grew up in the eighties so it was fascinating viewing. I watch loads of films and you can't beat a gritty, true to life British film. I'll have to see Dead Mans Shoes if its by the same guy who did This is England.

I grew up in the eighties so it was fascinating viewing. I watch loads of films and you can't beat a gritty, true to life British film. I'll have to see Dead Mans Shoes if its by the same guy who did This is England.

It's a banger is Dead Mans Shoes. You wont be disappointed.

I used to watch loads of films but haven't seen many in the last 6 years.

Don't think I seen that. Is it by the same people who made Kung Fu Hustle? Them Koreans/Chinese don't half make some bangin films. Better than Hollywood if you ask me

Yep.

You could pick it up for a fiver now, probably cheaper. I found it easier to watch than Kung Fu Hustle, really would recommend it.

Also saw Old Boy for the first time in years the other week, now that's a film.

Yep.

You could pick it up for a fiver now, probably cheaper. I found it easier to watch than Kung Fu Hustle, really would recommend it.

Also saw Old Boy for the first time in years the other week, now that's a film.

Yeah man Old Boy is a banger. Couldn't believe it first time I saw it. Got me Mrs to watch it straight after but she didn't like it, the girl.

Meadows' follow-up. If you like Dead Man Shoes and This Is England, watch Room For Romeo Brass.

Cannae wait for 'King Of Gypsies'.

Seen Romeo Brass, was good. I aint heard of King of Gypsies either! I never know what new films are comin out. Will defo look out for that though.

I saw 'Sex Drive' the unrated DVD version yesterday. Actually quite funny but because it was the unrated version there was just a lot of unrelated gratuitous nudity which surprisingly actually spoilt it a bit for me. 6/10

I just finished watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Very moving, very sad (quite tear jerking in places even for a grown man), worth watching.

Now watching The Wrestler - should be good...Golden Globe winner, Mickey Rourke, can't go too far wrong (apart from that shit film Domino about bounty hunters)

I was about to buy 'Somers Town' on Friday lunch. But £15 for a 70 minute film? Feck off.

I enjoyed it but can't help thinking it would have been so much better in colour I mean colour film has been around for at least 60 years I guess it's "artistic" and all that nonsense but I don't really see the point maybe someone could enlighten me?

"The International" is another waste of money.

Boy - what a disappointment. Lame story, crap actors and so many boring scenes. Shaky camera movement - just like "The Bourne Supremacy", it gives you the headache. Nothing moving about this movie. A little bit of unnecessary shooting and killing here and there, but apart from that, lifeless.

I feel sorry for Owen and Watts. They're usually doing a LOT better. But here, very overly dramatic acting. Totally fake.