Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

So you watched them all then to :)

Ah well variety is the spice of life.

The ones I have had the misfortune to see are all pretty much the same, I can't imagine the ones I missed are much different.

Edited by purpleronnie

The ones I have had the misfortune to see are all pretty much the same, I can't imagine the ones I missed are much different.

So that is a no then :)

Super hero movies are not everyones cup of tea but the best ones have been the Marvel ones minus Hulk, Daredevil, Blade3, Electra.

Xmen3, Iron Man2 and Spiderman3 were not very good but ok.

DC have put out 2 good Batman movies recently and Dark Horses The Mask starring J.Carey was very good :)

Super hero movies are not everyones cup of tea but the best ones have been the Marvel ones minus Hulk, Daredevil, Blade3, Electra.

DC have put out 2 good Batman movies recently and Dark Horses The Mask starring J.Carey was very good :)

Iron Man 2 was better than Thor and Cap America, but that's just my opinion (which is CORRECT! :glare: )

The first Batman by Tim Burton is still one of the best comic adaptations.

And I'd just like to say that to judge anything as "all the same", as purpleronnie has, is blatant prejudice. There's good and bad in all genres of the arts.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Ok all the comic book movies I've seen have been dross.

I'm sure the ones I've missed were cinematic gold.

Ok all the comic book movies I've seen have been dross.

I'm sure the ones I've missed were cinematic gold.

Obviously, they made a nice profit and got good reviews :)

Edited by ithuriel

Drive is a brilliant film.

Apart from the end part, which I found rather disturbing and unfitting when you consider the overall style and flow established during the rest of the film.

I couldn't get into the film as much as I wanted too. I think I read too much hype before watching it and was disappointed with the lack of Carey Mulligan or Christina Hendricks' breasts. Was a half decent flick and Marlin from Nemo was excellent as was the head stomping second half. The transition from loveable rogue driver to head stomping psychopath was a bit too severe for my liking as well.

Good film on BBC2 later Papillon.

If it's anything like the pub of the same name in Southend it'll be ropey as hell.

Forgot to mention the best comic book adaptation in my opinion thats on bbc3, Sin City.

I watched this and was disgusted to find I didn't have it on DVD. Best comic book adaptation by a country mile

Edited by General Smuts

1000007.jpg

No easier to watch the second or third time than the first but still brilliant.

The complete antithesis of Hollywood revenge films, where you see the act that leads to the revenge so in a way look forward to the comeuppance, this is played backwards so you see the revenge first and the act later and the lives that are shattered and distorted on the way and have to process it in a totally different way.

Strong stomach required.

Pretty much all superhero movies suck dick.

I am trembling at the knees with excitement for Batman though. That's a superhero film done right.

Also, who's looking forward to Prometheus, I mentioned it a few pages back but I can't wait. I really need to see Alien beforehand though as apparently it's related in some way.

Pretty much all superhero movies suck dick.

I am trembling at the knees with excitement for Batman though. That's a superhero film done right.

Also, who's looking forward to Prometheus, I mentioned it a few pages back but I can't wait. I really need to see Alien beforehand though as apparently it's related in some way.

Definitely see Alien.

I believe Prometheus is something to do with the Weyland-Yutani company, as Michael Fassbender plays an earlier version of Ash (sort of but I won't ruin Alien for you).

The mythical story of Prometheus obviously relates in someway to the plot...

He was a champion of mankind, known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals. Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day

Definitely see Alien.

I believe Prometheus is something to do with the Weyland-Yutani company, as Michael Fassbender plays an earlier version of Ash (sort of but I won't ruin Alien for you).

The mythical story of Prometheus obviously relates in someway to the plot...

Prometheus is very relevent to the story as I understand it. Watch Alien AND Aliens before Prometheus if you haven't - the rest can be safely avoided.