Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

To continue this good list of decent sci-fi...

ET

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

The Fly

Back to the Future

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Cube

Starship Troopers

Event Horizon

Galaxy Quest

Star Trek 2009

District 9

Inception

I'm sure there's more...!

I guess some people would put Avatar and Prometheus in this list but for me they are examples of how CGI is taking over the whole film experience with nothing more than eye candy to show for it.

Serenity

Silent Running

Dark Star

Sunshine

Twelve Monkeys

Scanners

Mar Attacks!

Gattaca

Most of the Star Trek Movies

Star Wars 4-6 (you can safely ignore the "first" three :thumbup: )

Enemy Mine

The Last Starfighter

Ghost in the Machine

Akira (KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!)

They Live

Soylent Green

The Andromeda Strain

Westworld

Capricorn One

Pitch Black

The Day The Earth Stood Still (The original 1951 version) Klaatu barada nikto!

*list*

Guilty pleasures for me are Predator, Robocop, Total Recall.

Forbidden Planet and Matrix are the only two I haven't seen. Both look good. Total Recall is quality, still love it although many do say it's shit. I think it was the first film to feature an alien with 3 tits, which was awesome at the time for me.

You could probably just about class Moon as sci-fi, though it's probably more psychological thriller. Great film, though.

Gonna get that.

To continue this good list of decent sci-fi...

*list*

I'm sure there's more...!

I guess some people would put Avatar and Prometheus in this list but for me they are examples of how CGI is taking over the whole film experience with nothing more than eye candy to show for it.

The two I haven't seen are Star Trek 2009 and Event Horizon. Will get the second one. I've got Galaxy Quest on dvd, can't remember it but I know it made me laugh first time I saw it.

Time After Time,original twist on Jack The Ripper movies

time-after-time-poster.jpg

Looks good.

*list*

There are quite a few in there I haven't seen.

Westworld is a good un, forgot about that! And They Live. Roddy Piper.

They Live full movie is on Google Video and Youtube if anyone wants to watch that. An all time great imo with a long fight scene down an alley lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9005367754264973286

Double-click video for full screen (instruction for morans)

Westworld is a good un, forgot about that! And They Live. Roddy Piper.

They Live full movie is on Google Video and Youtube if anyone wants to watch that. An all time great imo with a long fight scene down an alley lol

http://video.google....367754264973286

Double-click video for full screen (instruction for morans)

That films brilliant. The fight is epic.

You might know exactly what you're talking about, yet it's factual accuracy is less than correct. My opinion has nothing to do with the facts about the production, which as a fan of the Alien franchise, and in films in general. You liked Prometheus, which is your opinion, but lets not confuse facts with opinion.

Factual accuracy? i said he had less influence this time around that the first.

The fact he recommisioned Giger for the movie when he commisioned him the first time around does not discount this, Ridley did get the budget for Alien increased and turned it from a B movie to something much bigger than envisaged by the writers and was toying with the idea of doing a prequel to the Alien movies before he lost interest in the xenomorph with the AVP movies which he said killed the franchise for him.

I used to have the old white cover book of all the art, story boards etc., of the movie and what fascinated Ridley was the Jockey and that is the only reason he got back on board for this movie.

The movie could have been much better but he did not write it and from what i have read wanted it to be an 18 certificate but even though i forgot to check when i went to watch it it was a 12A? because that could make more money for the studios :unsure:

I did like the movie, it was not a masterpiece but to be honest i was not expecting it to be.

As for 21st century :yawn: it as nothing to do with disagreeing with the :yawn: but the fact i view him as nothing more than a tiresome troll at best and he is the only person i have on ignore here. Unfortunately i forgot to log in and saw his post.

Edited by ithuriel

Factual accuracy? i said he had less influence this time around that the first.

The fact he recommisioned Giger for the movie when he commisioned him the first time around does not discount this, Ridley did get the budget for Alien increased and turned it from a B movie to something much bigger than envisaged by the writers and was toying with the idea of doing a prequel to the Alien movies before he lost interest in the xenomorph with the AVP movies which he said killed the franchise for him.

I used to have the old white cover book of all the art, story boards etc., of the movie and what fascinated Ridley was the Jockey and that is the only reason he got back on board for this movie.

The movie could have been much better but he did not write it and from what i have read wanted it to be an 18 certificate but even though i forgot to check when i went to watch it it was a 12A? because that could make more money for the studios :unsure:

I did like the movie, it was not a masterpiece but to be honest i was not expecting it to be.

As for 21st century :yawn: it as nothing to do with disagreeing with the :yawn: but the fact i view him as nothing more than a tiresome troll at best and he is the only person i have on ignore here. Unfortunately i forgot to log in and saw his post.

lol

Trolling: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Disagreeing: Have or express a different opinion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm which one best describe the response I gave you.

Serenity

Silent Running

Dark Star

Sunshine

Twelve Monkeys

Scanners

Mar Attacks!

Gattaca

Most of the Star Trek Movies

Star Wars 4-6 (you can safely ignore the "first" three :thumbup: )

Enemy Mine

The Last Starfighter

Ghost in the Machine

Akira (KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!)

They Live

Soylent Green

The Andromeda Strain

Westworld

Capricorn One

Pitch Black

The Day The Earth Stood Still (The original 1951 version) Klaatu barada nikto!

Good to see someone else that likes it. A simply superb, breathtaking piece of art, made even more impressive when you remember that it was made in the 80's too.

Edited by Darkon84

Just got back from seeing MIB 3. Nothing special unfortunately, I thought the ending was rather good though. Just a shame nothing much else seemed to happen throughout the film.

I thought the same. Great ending but disappointing as a whole.

Watched Project X last night and it's a film with no real purpose but to party. I quite enjoyed it.

project-x-poster11.jpg

Good to see someone else that likes it. A simply superb, breathtaking piece of art, made even more impressive when you remember that it was made in the 80's too.

Agreed, beautiful anime movie which i have not seen for sometime.

Keep on meaning to add it to my anime collection.

Sums it up quite nicely that. "People who love movies do not scrutinize them on this level, so back off" lol

Interesting that it was written by the "Lost" guy. He certainly lost the plot on Promethus.

I'd like to think they'll never let him near another movie, but knowing Hollywood they'll double his money for Promethus 2 & 3.

Edited by OzFox

:huh: Couldn't people draw in the 80's then?

Prometheus .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You didnt fall asleep during the zombie on the rampage moment did you? Cinema at its finest... lol

It makes me cringe even thinking about it.