Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched this last night. Not brilliant. Some good action moments, but that's it really. Good if you want to watch a film and not have to use your brain for a while. Only really watched it cos I'm a Tom Hardy fan.

This_Means_War_1.jpg

Have you seen the original version with Michael Nyqvist in much better imo. Actually all 3 films are good.

Yes,enjoyed the original,have still got the 2 sequels to watch

Yes had a good twist to it

Absolutely ****ing terrible remake of one of the great contemporary horror films.

I'm not normally as furiously anti-remake as q lot of film nerds, I'm certainly more open minded than I used to be. For instance, I completely accept why Fincher opted to make Girl With... and I think it's a brilliant interpretation of the story.

But for some reason, when it comes to horror (specifically Asian horror) Hollywood just have this horrific habit of raping the original with gleeful lack of care. I think it's laziness, they think a few creepy shambling woman scenes make up for budget acting and direction, it's shameful

Tale of Two Sisters is visually stunning, brilliantly performed and hugely original, one of my favourite films. I recommend everyone watch it, just a shame it will have been partially ruined if you saw the Uninvited first.

Absolutely ****ing terrible remake of one of the great contemporary horror films.

I'm not normally as furiously anti-remake as q lot of film nerds, I'm certainly more open minded than I used to be. For instance, I completely accept why Fincher opted to make Girl With... and I think it's a brilliant interpretation of the story.

But for some reason, when it comes to horror (specifically Asian horror) Hollywood just have this horrific habit of raping the original with gleeful lack of care. I think it's laziness, they think a few creepy shambling woman scenes make up for budget acting and direction, it's shameful

Tale of Two Sisters is visually stunning, brilliantly performed and hugely original, one of my favourite films. I recommend everyone watch it, just a shame it will have been partially ruined if you saw the Uninvited first.

Never knew this was a remake,but will look for Tale of 2 Sisters.

Horror movies will always divide opinion due to their diversity

brick-poster-1.jpg

Good film with a nice ending... but the lingo left me a tad confused!

One of my all time favourite flicks. Love it.

Not fussed about Prometheus in the slightest, haven't seen Alien either and really don't care. Meh.

Considering watching the Dictator but again I'm not that fussed.

I bought The Muppets on DVD and it's not left my laptop. I ****ing love that film. Every single scene makes my face hurt from smiling. I want to travel everywhere by map.

Also watched Super the other night which was not the feel good romp I expected. Caught me off guard with its bleakness and was half decent actually.

Bought Strippers Vs Werewolves 'starring' Spandau Ballets Martin Kemp. Cannot wait to see this. It's going to be spectacularly shit!

Then I've got Everything Must Go and Shame to watch too.