Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It took me a while after the film to twig why it had disappointed me so much.

The ending was shallow, yes, but it was more than that. I felt they really failed in creating enough menace in the cult, besides one sloppy murder and some mild sexual brainwashing, they were nothing severe enough to warrant the levels of terror. Especially given that, through so much of it, she was a gleefully willful participant.

Maybe part of the problem is how desensitized I am, as a twenty-first century cinema goer, that I don't find borderline rape and unprovoked murder shocking enough to conjure up true fear but I just never felt the scope of Hawkes' wrath.

Olsen is a terrific find, though. I thought she was brilliant and it's refreshing to know that someone in the family has talent.

Agree with all of that. The escape was a bit too easy as well. Though I'm not sure if that was intentional. I feel like a dramatic, unhappy ending would have left me with a wonderful, lingering uneasy void which may have made up for the lack of menace.

Edited by MooseBreath

I've just finished watching Ghost Rider 2. I assume that they spent the majority of the budget on Cage's gurning and pseudo-madman act, the rest on the fire effects, and zero on the rest of the cast and/or set, as there was none.

Fooking awful. Even the directing was below par, as there was nothing to film. I had hope that these two directing mentalists could recoup the loss that was the first Ghost Rider, yet they've made it worse!

I'm watching the +1 version. I see its a comedy.. It has to be really. The thought of aliens attacking a council block in London and not turning back right away can only be a comedy.

Trust me Ken, Aliens want to get rid of these mandems and they ain't gonna stop until they get them. Innit.

:whistle:

Just watched Avatar, which I hadn't seen since seeing it on the big screen in 3D. Without the immense hype that surrounded it back then, it was a little more enjoyable, but my complaints still stand and are valid. For a film about "life", it has so little. There is no wit to it, there are no memorable lines and there is absolutely NO humour, not one funny moment to relieve it's ernest intentions. And yet so many people say what a fantastic film this is! Even their favourite!

I'm sorry, but go and watch...

Dances With Wolves

Silent Running

Aliens

Ghost In The Shell

and maybe you'll realise how incredibly derivitive it is.

Cameron hasn't made a good film in nearly 2 decades :(

Just watched Avatar, which I hadn't seen since seeing it on the big screen in 3D. Without the immense hype that surrounded it back then, it was a little more enjoyable, but my complaints still stand and are valid. For a film about "life", it has so little. There is no wit to it, there are no memorable lines and there is absolutely NO humour, not one funny moment to relieve it's ernest intentions. And yet so many people say what a fantastic film this is! Even their favourite!

Dances With Wolves

Silent Running

Aliens

Ghost In The Shell

Masterpiece!

Went to see the Five Year Engagement with the missus on Sunday. Went in with zero expectations and really enjoyed it. Very funny for a lot of it.

Also watched She's Out Of My League. Again went into it with no expectations and enjoyed it. Although Alice Eve is not hot enough to warrant the films premise. And there is no such thing as a 10.

You can watch the entire Birdemic: Shock & Terror film on youtube!!!!!!!

Everyone must see this it's amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDp4DPZd7E

Watch it, watch it right now, it's hilarious.

Superb acting.

Tremendous storyline.

Great camera work.

Subtle and clear dialogue.

What else can one wish for?

Dances With Wolves

Silent Running

Aliens

Ghost In The Shell

Another beauty :thumbup: