Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It was a comedy Trav. It was supposed to make you laugh.

I know, and it didn't. The best bits were Chan's action sequences, but if you've seen many Chan films (and I have) you'll realise that the action sequences pale by comparison (naturally because he's getting on a bit now - they're still impressive for his age), but compare this to Rush Hour or Shanghai Noon and it's not half as much fun. Coogan can be very funny and Chan's comic timing has always been good, but not here.

22lockout22.jpg

A bit corny in parts but still a decent enough film.

I watched it last night. It truly was awful. Not even poor tongue in cheek dialogue could distract me from the awfulness of the cgi, plot holes, and bad wig. Guy Pearce was thoroughly dislikable. If they were trying to make a cocky character work - they should see John McClane to see how its done, or perhaps the various Bay films. The only redeeming fact is that Joe Gilgun will find himself more US work off the back of it, as though his dialogue was shite and hammy, his improv was good, he certainly was a good mentalist.

New Spidey film was decent.

Wished the Lizard wore his white professor jacket like he did in the cartoon though. :(

It was a nice throwback though, although had some awfully cheesy moments.

He was wearing it when he came out of the sewer through the shitter in the school.

I wasn't that impressed with the flick to be honest. I preferred the back story to the Raimi version and it was much more comic booky than the previous incarnation but it was just lacking something. I'm just not sure what it was.

It probably didn't help that I had to watch it in 3D (which added bugger all to the flick). The dark glasses just bleaken everything and I hate wearing them in an already dark cinema.

I'll probably get it on DVD and change my mind.