Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I watched 'Word Wars' the other night and thought it was pretty decent. 6/10

Definitely not to everyones taste as it's a documentary about the Scrabble circuit and follows four Scrabble players on their travels. The nutters play Scrabble all day! Never knew it was such a popular game.

• Like 1

Definitely not to everyones taste as it's a documentary about the Scrabble circuit and follows four Scrabble players on their travels. The nutters play Scrabble all day! Never knew it was such a popular game.

lol

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-or-fucking-with-me-ea5b98.jpg

I saw that a while ago, it was really good, although I can watch documentaries on just about anything and enjoy it.

It reminded me of a similar style documentary 'The King of Kong' about players trying to achieve the highest scores in donkey kong...sounds shit but was very enjoyable.

Clearly the words they were creating were some kind of illuminati code or a way of contacting aliens?

I saw that a while ago, it was really good, although I can watch documentaries on just about anything and enjoy it.

It reminded me of a similar style documentary 'The King of Kong' about players trying to achieve the highest scores in donkey kong...sounds shit but was very enjoyable.

I can concur that King of Kong is a very good docu-film, which I was never really sure if it was serious or not.

I also concur with you and Trav - loved King of Kong. Highly recommended, although I wouldn't recommend watching it on Youtube without checking all the parts are there first. Some bastard had cleverly uploaded the whole film, but with the sound missing from the final part. I didn't realise until I'd just watched the penultimate part and was itching to find out how it ended. That was infuriating. Luckily, a friend's gf had the dvd and lent it to me.

Just returned from The Dark Knight Rises. I'm a little behind.

My assessment?

Whilst it finishes off the trilogy, to put it simply, it was arse. I might even succeed in saying that it might even fall below arse.

I didn't have any expectations for the final instalment, as whilst the other two films were okay, the first being the best in my view, this felt limp. The action scenes were scarce and the fight scenes had no real weight to them. I won't spoil the ending, and have been avoiding anything written about it, so as to make my own mind up, but be assured I can understand why people who very keen on this as their summer blockbuster came away disappointed.

Watched 'Moonrise Kingdom' this afternoon - really good film, worth 2 hours of anyone's time. I usually hate rom-coms with a passion but I thought this was really entertaining.

Edited by Paddy Akinbiyi

I thought I'd end up turning it off after 20 minutes but it was good. Every time I hear that Beatles song now I'll think of Scrabble and GI Joel. I never expected to see blokes playing Scrabble in Washington Park!

I'll have a look out for that King of Kong one.

Just watching this, back when Chevy Chase made decent films.

Good film that. I'm quite partial to a bit of 80's Chevy Chase. Used to have me ballin and rolling around all over the place when I was a kid!