Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Can't understand the negativity surrounding John Carter. Thought it was good. Looked absolutely amazing in 3D on my tv as well. Good ending to the film, had a bit of everything for me and did most of it well. Give it 8/10.

I first heard about that film yesterday while browsing new titles and was thinking about watching it on HMV Instant last night. Will give it a go soon being as you give it an 8. It won't be 3D though on our tele so we won't get all the effects.

Been catching up on some Sky+ed movies this week and watched The Shooter the other day. I always like Wahlberg's stuff and this wasn't bad, certainly worth a watch.

And about 30 mins ago just finished watching Red Cliff, a Chinese John Woo film. As is often the case with these films, it was quite confusing and the battle sequences chaotic, but some of the battle sequences were superb and it has some nice twists and turns, which aren't necessarily surprising (they historical, so they've been used since), but clever nonetheless. If you can put up with 2 1/2 hr long subtitled films, I'd recommend it!

Been catching up on some Sky+ed movies this week and watched The Shooter the other day. I always like Wahlberg's stuff and this wasn't bad, certainly worth a watch.

And about 30 mins ago just finished watching Red Cliff, a Chinese John Woo film. As is often the case with these films, it was quite confusing and the battle sequences chaotic, but some of the battle sequences were superb and it has some nice twists and turns, which aren't necessarily surprising (they historical, so they've been used since), but clever nonetheless. If you can put up with 2 1/2 hr long subtitled films, I'd recommend it!

Really liked the shooter but most of time I have no idea what Wahlberg's saying, he mumbles.

I thought the same. Great ending but disappointing as a whole.

Watched Project X last night and it's a film with no real purpose but to party. I quite enjoyed it.

project-x-poster11.jpg

Yeah, I was surprised too. A lot of funny moments, pretty mental and took me back a few years (to a certain extent). I can't think of many films that were just fun like this.

Not too awful... although I couldn't help shouting at the people for being stupid and not doing their coats up!! :@

frozendt1widescreen.jpg

exactly what everyone thought i bet...although if they had it would have been a really short film.....although I guess they could have made the lifts even higher making that not an option.

Yes I'm continuing my Film4 FrightFest watching, tonight:

220px-Neardarktheatposter.jpg

An okay take on the vampire genre... but a bit ruined by its 80's-ness!

f-2010-movie-poster.jpg

Quite enjoyed... but slightly confused by the free running, faceless, ninja hoodies? :huh:

Can't understand the negativity surrounding John Carter. Thought it was good. Looked absolutely amazing in 3D on my tv as well. Good ending to the film, had a bit of everything for me and did most of it well. Give it 8/10.

Yeah,i watched this yesterday,nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be

Watched avatar again last night on film4. Better than I remember, but still think it would have been a much better film if the humans had of just destroyed the blue dogs as would have happened in real life. Would have felt much better and put a smile on my face.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs again the other day. One of the best CGI comedies ever. Love a film where you can spot jokes you miseed before and this is one of those, with things constantly happening in the periphery. Should be as wellknown as Toy Story or Ice Age, but sadly not.

festen-movie-poster1.jpg

I haven't watched this since I had to study Dogme in Film Studies years ago but I appreciate it a lot more now than I did then.

I may rewatch Lars von Trier's The Idiots now I don't have to sit in a lecture theatre watching penetrative sex scenes.

Really liked Festen, good film. Not seen The Idiots though...