Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

http://news.sky.com/story/980439/green-mile-actor-dies-aged-54-fiancee-says

The Green Mile actor Michael Clarke Duncan has died in a Los Angeles hospital at the age of 54.

A statement has been released on behalf of his fiancee, Reverend Omarosa Manigault, saying he passed away at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre after having a heart attack in July.

The former bodyguard, who turned to acting in his 30s, never fully recovered and has been in hospital for almost two months.

The statement said: "Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Earlier this year Clarke had appeared in a video for Peta, the animal rights organisation, in which he spoke of how much better he felt since becoming a vegetarian three years earlier.

"I cleared out my refrigerator, about $5,000 worth of meat," he said. "I'm a lot healthier than I was when I was eating meat."

The 6ft 5in actor appeared in dozens of films, including Armageddon, Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda.

He had a handful of minor roles before The Green Mile brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor.

The 1999 film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a prison in the 1930s. Duncan played John Coffey, a convicted murderer.

Born in Chicago in 1957, Duncan was raised by a single mother whose resistance to his playing football led to his deciding he wanted to become an actor.

But when his mother became ill he dropped out of college and worked as a ditch digger and bouncer to support her.

By his mid-20s he was in Los Angeles where he looked for acting parts and became a bodyguard for Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and other stars.

The murder of rapper Notorious B.I.G., who Duncan had been hired to protect before switching assignments, led him to quit his job and pursue acting full-time.

http://news.sky.com/...54-fiancee-says

The Green Mile actor Michael Clarke Duncan has died in a Los Angeles hospital at the age of 54.

A statement has been released on behalf of his fiancee, Reverend Omarosa Manigault, saying he passed away at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre after having a heart attack in July.

The former bodyguard, who turned to acting in his 30s, never fully recovered and has been in hospital for almost two months.

The statement said: "Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Earlier this year Clarke had appeared in a video for Peta, the animal rights organisation, in which he spoke of how much better he felt since becoming a vegetarian three years earlier.

"I cleared out my refrigerator, about $5,000 worth of meat," he said. "I'm a lot healthier than I was when I was eating meat."

The 6ft 5in actor appeared in dozens of films, including Armageddon, Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda.

He had a handful of minor roles before The Green Mile brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor.

The 1999 film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a prison in the 1930s. Duncan played John Coffey, a convicted murderer.

Born in Chicago in 1957, Duncan was raised by a single mother whose resistance to his playing football led to his deciding he wanted to become an actor.

But when his mother became ill he dropped out of college and worked as a ditch digger and bouncer to support her.

By his mid-20s he was in Los Angeles where he looked for acting parts and became a bodyguard for Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and other stars.

The murder of rapper Notorious B.I.G., who Duncan had been hired to protect before switching assignments, led him to quit his job and pursue acting full-time.

Not a great advertisement for being a vegetarian.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2011/9/14/1315997543282/ryan-gosling-in-drive-007.jpg[/

Watched Drive last night. Was expecting an action film, which it kind of was, but it was more....I dunno, Noir? Quite slow paced at times which would usually bore me but I quite enjoyed it. Not sure about Gosling's character, seemed a bit too awkward.

Wasn't awkward at all. He has quiet, but oozed pure class and understated self-confidence. The kind of confidence that doesn't need to make a big show of itself. Kinda like the movie itself.

Watched flightplan on BBC iPlayer the other day. Pretty stupid but watched it all. 5/10

Been struggling to find good movies lately. Tried to watch flowers of war with c-bale but couldn't be bothered once I realised it's mostly in Chinese. Shame because it looked promising.

Started watching that fassbender movie about Freud, can't remember the name, didn't last more than two minutes.

I'm tempted to start catching up on all the brain dead action movies I haven't watched on the last couple of years purely because there seems to be nothing decent coming out

Watched flightplan on BBC iPlayer the other day. Pretty stupid but watched it all. 5/10

Been struggling to find good movies lately. Tried to watch flowers of war with c-bale but couldn't be bothered once I realised it's mostly in Chinese. Shame because it looked promising.

Started watching that fassbender movie about Freud, can't remember the name, didn't last more than two minutes.

I'm tempted to start catching up on all the brain dead action movies I haven't watched on the last couple of years purely because there seems to be nothing decent coming out

There are many excellent movies mostly in Chinese that don't have Christian Bale in. :thumbup:

Wasn't awkward at all. He has quiet, but oozed pure class and understated self-confidence. The kind of confidence that doesn't need to make a big show of itself. Kinda like the movie itself.

I mostly enjoyed him, I just thought at times his face was a bit wooden/glazed. I know that was the idea but i'd have preferred him to at least use his eyes do more acting, mainly in the interactions with Irene where he seemed to blank her in the same way he did criminals, apart from maybe a little smile at the end. I got it but like I said, I think some of it could have given a little more.

lol, saw this too the other day.

Some of the CGI looked bizarre but in bluray on the whole it looked decent. Good film, although one of those not to take too seriously.

i agree with you there....& on the serious part...i always say leave whatever you call a brain in a box when you watch a film :)

makes it alot easier. lol