Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Moonrise Kingdom

Really enjoyed it. Beatifully made with great cinematography.

I ****ing love Wes Anderson flicks so this'll be next on my list once I get the internet back at home after next week.

In the meantime I'll be steaming through as many DVD's as my little mind can comprehend. Still got loads to watch including;

Black Swan

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

Thumbsucker

Lars & The Real Girl

Chumbscrubber

Valkyrie

Moon

Young Adult

I watched The Dictator last night... BLEURK!! Other than a couple of mildly humorous parts and a piss take of American democracy, it was painfully unfunny and totally devoid of the usual shock tactics. You can tell that the script had been massively punched-up in post-production in an attempt to make it funnier. If you watch it and notice the amount of times someone says a joke off-screen, while their back's to the camera or squeezed in at the end of a scene.

I then watched The Raid which was genuinely exciting and innovative. Some of the best directed martial arts in a long time and puts Hollywood to shame.

• Like 1

Is that the film about a young woman who dreams about being a page three girl?

No... It's about a family who want to move to Australia and are unsure of whether to make the move, so Popstars' Nicki shows them around! :)

Looper's an excellent movie with a great cast and an intriguing plot that can be confusing at times, but I'd say it's worth seeing the film at least twice in order to figure it all out.

The editing and jumps between time add to that. It's a picture that requires you to follow it closely and draw your own conclusions whilst offering plenty of action and special effects that fit the overall style very well, as well.

Edited by MC Prussian