Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

seen this weekend

The Raid Redemption - pretty good but over hyped by alot of people , fairly good action film but a bit predictable , great if you love kung foo fighting

Prometheus - better than i though it would be as a sci fi lover the effects and look of the film are amazing and the horror part of the film is more brutal than i expected , forget alien as its not realy that connected as was advertised but its a great movie on its own and a sequel has just been announced , some people didnt get it but i loved it

Cabin In The Woods - truly bonkers film mixing sci fi ,horror , and mythology cant say much more without spoiling the film but as a person that doesnt usualy like horror films i would recommend this film just for the wtf factor

Edited by grth2004

220px-Mean_Streets_poster.jpg

Not a bad gangster film... but as it says in Empire, just remember before this film no-one had every heard of Scorcese, De Niro or Keitel!

And scarily De Niro's character looks like a cross between Paul Weller and Liam Gallagher!?!?

mean-streets-4.jpg

Just finished watching an anime movie that has more character and warmth than a lot of live action stuff i've seen this year.

It followed on from a nicely weird comedic series about a normal high school kid who meets a girl who basically has the power of god but does not know it and sets up an after school club whose other members are unkown to her, a time traveller, alien and psi. The movie was beautiful, this is the end credit music that suits the movie perfectly

220px-Mean_Streets_poster.jpg

Not a bad gangster film... but as it says in Empire, just remember before this film no-one had every heard of Scorcese, De Niro or Keitel!

And scarily De Niro's character looks like a cross between Paul Weller and Liam Gallagher!?!?

mean-streets-4.jpg

'you mook'

'what's a mook?'

'I dunno, get him!'

Just seen the latest Resident Evil film. Even as a fan of the games who has enjoyed the films until now, I can't recommend this. :(

EDIT: For the record, only 4 people in the cinema - myself, my wife, Ross Noble and a mate of his. Wasn't 100% it was him (had his hair up in a cap), but I've just checked he's playing DMH tonight, so I guess he was killing time before the show.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

If the helicopter is anything as ridiculous as the plane in 4 this looks to be notched up to factor 10 utter shite. What was great about the first Die Hard, with a toe still in reality, will soon be erased with CGI and bombastic shitness.

Yeah, also the claustrophobia of the first one was one of the best things about it, it's was partially there in the second one as it was mainly set within the airport. The third one was written as originally supposed to be a Lethal Weapon film so it strayed but it had a good pairing with Samuel L. Jackson but the fourth one ruined it by taking the action all over the place, giving him a 'comedy' partner and taking it off the edge of realism. I don't see why they felt the need to give him the comedy partner in that one, because his one-liners and comedic side was what made John McClane stand out.

Yeah, also the claustrophobia of the first one was one of the best things about it, it's was partially there in the second one as it was mainly set within the airport. The third one was written as originally supposed to be a Lethal Weapon film so it strayed but it had a good pairing with Samuel L. Jackson but the fourth one ruined it by taking the action all over the place, giving him a 'comedy' partner and taking it off the edge of realism. I don't see why they felt the need to give him the comedy partner in that one, because his one-liners and comedic side was what made John McClane stand out.

I didn't mind the third one at all. The unknown and expanse did take away the tension, but it also allowed some bigger set-pieces. I guess that's where it started to go a little mental. However the fourth, took the bar and shit over it. The plane nonsense truly took it into the comic zone (and not the funny kind) the one liners and irritating side kick who in seconds sorted out complex hacking with a handle held blackberry of some sort made me sick inside.

I fear this will be of the same ilk, with a sidekick (his son) who is dull and characterless with a bad guy who holds about as much menace as Mr. Tumbles.

Oh and I really really hope they make this a 12, so any ounce of anything remotely entertaining for an adult audience can be pounded out of the script and children can watch too and it can reach its overly ambitious target box office.

I didn't mind the third one at all. The unknown and expanse did take away the tension, but it also allowed some bigger set-pieces. I guess that's where it started to go a little mental. However the fourth, took the bar and shit over it. The plane nonsense truly took it into the comic zone (and not the funny kind) the one liners and irritating side kick who in seconds sorted out complex hacking with a handle held blackberry of some sort made me sick inside.

I fear this will be of the same ilk, with a sidekick (his son) who is dull and characterless with a bad guy who holds about as much menace as Mr. Tumbles.

Oh and I really really hope they make this a 12, so any ounce of anything remotely entertaining for an adult audience can be pounded out of the script and children can watch too and it can reach its overly ambitious target box office.

They have to have a teenager character in there so that teenagers can "get it", because they can't possibly understand old people doing stuff (and that's besides the fact they should make it 18 cert like the original, so they shouldn't be watching it (and no way that would get a 18 cert these days in any case, maybe not even a 15 - makes me wonder what kids will be watching in 20 years time.)

Anyone watched lucky number slevin, brilliant ending

Watching a film called Unthinkable with Samuel L Jackson and the bird from The Matrix.

Brilliant film, even if I do keep get timing interrupted by my family walking through the lounge and deciding that this is the right time for a conversation.

Endings a bit wired