Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched The Illusionist. Hand drawn animated film. Absolutely amazing film. Thought it wouldnt be much kop (missus wanted to watch it) so sat down and gave it a chance. Would recommend anyone watch it if they get the chance - 9/10

Find a lot of animated stuff these days is really good, imagination is not held back and characterisation is sometimes better than live action.

Why i love anime, some of the stories are pure sci-fi fantasy and anything can happen, just about to start watching Wolfs Rain which i've never really watched a great deal of before, about wolves who pass for humans looking for paradise in a post apocalyptic world.

Must be awful then.

I quite enjoyed Borat - well large parts of the film. But if you didn't , which is obviously your case, I suggest you don't waste your time watching the dictator.

Want to watch a film with a twist ending any ideas?? Like , lucky number slevin, and inside man, both fantastic films

Here's a few:

Identity

Usual Suspects

Kill List

Frailty

Perfect Getaway

Switchblade Romance

Orphan

I quite enjoyed Borat - well large parts of the film. But if you didn't , which is obviously your case, I suggest you don't waste your time watching the dictator.

The problem with these films is that the character's (and Ali G as well) relied on meeting people who didn't realise they weren't genuine people and therefore didn't know how to react to them, often with amusing circumstances. All the scenes are set-up and acted, which removes much of the humour.

Want to watch a film with a twist ending any ideas?? Like , lucky number slevin, and inside man, both fantastic films

If you can get your hands on it, then this... 220px-The-vanishing-1988-poster.jpg The Vanishing and not the Hollywood remake with the cop-out ending!

Seriously - the ending will make you :jawdrop:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Holy crap it's happening...

Stallone Confirmed For Grudge Match

He'll box Robert De Niro

Ding ding! Round three! We’ve been following the progress of unlikely old-timers boxing comedy Grudge Match since word of the project first surfaced in October 2010. It took until July of this year for Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone to start circling the roles of retired pugilists stepping back into the ring, and yet more time for them to commit and for Warner Bros. to ring the bell to start work on the film.

But ring it has, with Peter Segal still aboard to referee/direct the thing andThink Like A Man’s Kevin Hart now cast as the Don King-style fight promoter who arranges the fight card.

The film’s script, meanwhile, has been beaten into shape (or submission – it remains to be seen which) by Entourage creator Doug Ellin on a screenwriter-for-hire gig.

Our money’s still on Stallone winning this one, even if De Niro may look to go method and do his best to reclaim his Raging Bull form. But given how ripped Stallone is what with the Expendables films and other action movies, he’s got to be the favourite.

There’s no word on when the shoot will kick off, but with everyone now on board, it shouldn’t be too long.