Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

7802509596_1e5e5e4454.jpg

Wouldn't have thought Matthew McConaughey had a performance like that in him. Actually a really simple plot played out really well, my only gripe would be that the final act plays out very much like a play (which it is based on) which makes the fact that it's a film mildly redundant, otherwise really good. If you enjoy fried chicken I'd probably give it a miss though.

Watched 220px-Surrogates2009MP.jpg Thought it was a good story told badly (some awful continuity errors) - but distrubingly I could foresee a future like this.

Also watched 220px-Coraline_poster.jpg which I thought was excellent. If I had watched that as a kid it would have given me nightmares good and proper.

Looks good!

I disagree. I would the hordes of CGI zombies to be inline with the awfullness of I Am Legend, which could truly have been an excellent film, but was destroyed by garbage and rushed computer mockery with little or no real weight or physical presence to them. This looks almost worse than that.

Shit I'll watch it, but considering the number of reshoots, it's clear that the test audiences thought it was shite, so reshot it to shite. I know someone filming on it right now, so god knows what kind of mess will come out the other end.

I disagree. I would the hordes of CGI zombies to be inline with the awfullness of I Am Legend, which could truly have been an excellent film, but was destroyed by garbage and rushed computer mockery with little or no real weight or physical presence to them. This looks almost worse than that.

Shit I'll watch it, but considering the number of reshoots, it's clear that the test audiences thought it was shite, so reshot it to shite. I know someone filming on it right now, so god knows what kind of mess will come out the other end.

Exactly what I was thinking, it's been in post-production for ages now, which usually means the suits have got involved which spells disaster. I'll wait 10 years, I'm sure the directors cut will be pretty good.

You lot can help me.

Name me films with brilliant 2/3 minute openings (ideally including titles). Nothing too SFX heavy, just ones that set a mood, intrigue the audience, introduce us to the world of the characters and basically make you want to watch the rest of the film!

Any help much appreciated.

You lot can help me.

Name me films with brilliant 2/3 minute openings (ideally including titles). Nothing too SFX heavy, just ones that set a mood, intrigue the audience, introduce us to the world of the characters and basically make you want to watch the rest of the film!

You lot can help me.

Basically any Coens brothers or Kubrick films usually have excellent starts.

Here's a link a few good ones, and ones I would disagree are 'great'.

http://whatculture.com/film/10-greatest-movie-opening-scenes-of-all-time.php

There's too many to mention. Fincher does some good intros. See Fight Club for example.

Basically any Coens brothers or Kubrick films usually have excellent starts.

Here's a link a few good ones, and ones I would disagree are 'great'.

http://whatculture.c...of-all-time.php

There's too many to mention. Fincher does some good intros. See Fight Club for example.

The guy who wrote that least seems easily spooked. The long constant shot of a car driving to the overlook hotel is terrifying? A clip of a german family with random punk/metal music played at the end even moreso? Please.

I hope he didn't watch gremlins.

You lot can help me.

Up!

• Like 1