Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched The Three Musketeers. Some of the swordplay was decent but the majority of it was daft. At least it looked good on bluray though...

Got Safe House to watch this week. Need some Denzel action every few months or so..

Only musketeers movies i like are the 70s versions with a truly stellar cast and Lee and Heston in fine form as villains and Spike Milligan of course lol

I also have a soft spot for the Gene Kelly version.

Total Recall - the remake.

It wasn't a terrible movie but all of the chase scenes and the fight scenes went on too long.

And it's gets tiring to watch movies where the hero is shot at by 500 guns without being killed without at least a decent reason. Being elusive and a better fighter I can understand but nobody else being able to shoot straight is beyond stretching it.

I like logic and believability (within the setting - however unbelievable that may be) in my fantasy viewing.

RV - A decent family road movie, if you like The Vacation series.

Green Street - Frodo plays a Yank joining a West Ham firm. Surprisingly good film, much better than I was expecting!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Good film ( one of the better PotA films) as long as you ignore the glaring plot holes in the end!

Nativity - Mediocre Christmas film, with a bigger budget would have had Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in the lead roles I bet! On the plus side, my work place was in the film!

Edited by Phube

Watched Shichinin no Samurai for the first time over the weekend, superb film.

Used to have that on DVD but had to sell it last time i was laid off back in 2008, my fave foreign movies turned out to be very popular so i had to sell them all just about, still miss my 4 disc Ringu box set.

Used to have that on DVD but had to sell it last time i was laid off back in 2008, my fave foreign movies turned out to be very popular so i had to sell them all just about, still miss my 4 disc Ringu box set.

I've had it in my collection for ages and never watched it, lenghty but quite brilliant.

Watched this for the first time in ages last night, great film

10135_sekrety-los-andzhelesa_or_la-confidential_1024x768_%28www.GdeFon.ru%29.jpg

Also Coach Carter was on in my house for about the 3 billionth time, it doesn't deserve that many viewings but tbf it is a decent movie. I can't help wondering how Pearson would have dealt with some of those kids in that film, he'd probably have headbutted the whole lot withing 5 minutes of meeting them lol