Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Bourne Legacy last night. I don't quite understand the Twillight-esque jumping and superpowers aspects of this film, it just made it ridiculous. And the ending, sure, leave it open for another drab film, but really felt like a hideous let down.

agree about the stupid "superman" powers but the film was full of action so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Not great - but I think the bourne films have all left a fair bit to be desired but not the worst I've watched this month.

Watched Bourne Legacy last night. I don't quite understand the Twillight-esque jumping and superpowers aspects of this film, it just made it ridiculous. And the ending, sure, leave it open for another drab film, but really felt like a hideous let down.

I've got that to watch. You've put me off now.

That IS GLaDOS!!! I'm convinced of it!

BTW:

The+Hobbit+_scifidrive.jpg

Is AWESOME... and looks spectacular in HFR 3D! Loved it.

I'm just convinced no-one has an attention span anymore... I mean most reviewers are moaning about it's length (especially the 50 mins in Bagend), but it didn't even feel very long for me, but then I can enjoy the 4hr10min Return of The King Special Edition without a problem!

Saw the Hobbit yesterday, if you liked the LoTR trilogy you will enjoy it.

The film has a very slow pace at the start but then you get some interesting bits, lots of omens and portents regarding the darkness creeping back into the world and then about a good hour of pure action.

The bit with Gollum was ammusing with their game of riddles.

Edited by ithuriel

Watched Predators the other night, still the next best movie of the franchise after the original Arnie version.

Remember watching it at the cinema, breathed new life back into the franchise after the awful AvP movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVvxIxmVM4

From reading stuff online, they may very well do a sequel :)

Edited by ithuriel

Just been to see The Hobbit of Warcraft.

This review sums it up brilliantly in The Telegraph. I've rarely read a review that is so spot on! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/9730525/The-Hobbit-An-Unexpected-Journey-movie-review.html

This film is so stuffed with extraneous faff and flummery that it often barely feels like Tolkien at all – more a dire, fan-written internet tribute...

As a lover of cinema, Jackson’s film bored me rigid; as a lover of Tolkien, it broke my heart.

All the bits shoe-horned in by Jackson (yes from source material, but with no relevence - Azog should be long dead, Radagast doesn't appear, and Mirkwood has been mirky for many generations) are so cliché and twee it's unbelievable! Jackson seems to lazily rehash old LotR scenes, with many bits feeling distinctly deja vu.

As a stand alone fantasy film I suppose it's okay - if The Hobbit had never been written as a book, who would know. As an adaptation - it's awful!

Watched The Three Musketeers. Some of the swordplay was decent but the majority of it was daft. At least it looked good on bluray though...

Got Safe House to watch this week. Need some Denzel action every few months or so..

I watched about the first 25 minutes and turned it off. Thought it was utter dross.

I'll stick with the ones from the 70's with Oliver Reed, Michael York etc. Those were briliant.

Just watched The Sweeney,not a bad film but Plan B is a crap actor,makes Danny Dyer look like a thespian

The-Sweeney-poster.jpg

Watched that tonight too. Thought it was ok. I agree with you about Plan B...awful!

Saw 'The Pianist' the other day for the first time. My god that's a hard hitting film. Very good, I give it 9 popcorns. Loses one for being a bit too long.

Absolutely brilliant film!