Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

just watched that Cloud Atlas, decent film interesting plot, worth the watch.

Got Taken 2, The Hobbit, Total Recall & Agro lined up next.

Where did you get The hobbit from?

I watched Total Recall the other week.

If I ignored that I'd seen the Arnie version it was reasonably enjoyable.

I watched the third Batman movie during the week.

I'm a massive Batman fan. I enjoyed it but found it easily the weakest of the three. I thought the first two were truly excellent movies and I went into three hoping it would live up to them. Good but not on the same level.

I like my Batman to have a dark side.

Watched the Sweeney last night. Very disappointing. Why they used the names of Regan and Carter and then totally ignored the characters built up over the series is beyond me. Neither Regan nor Carter were even minimally recognisable. I was brought up on John Thaw and Dennis Waterman and I was shocked at the character portrayal in the movie.

Why not call the movie something else or - as it was set in the modern era - have new characters. In today's police force and society the antics of "the Sweeney crew" and regan in particular would not be possible. There have been massive changes over the last 40 years.

I'm sure people who don't know the oriignal series would like the film as long as they like gratuitous swearing (or do they call it realism) and superfluous sex scenes.

Where did you get The hobbit from?

I watched Total Recall the other week.

If I ignored that I'd seen the Arnie version it was reasonably enjoyable.

Will be watching the Hobbit in the Cinema as there is only a cam version available on the net, will watch the rest in the peace of my room.

Yep I know what you mean regarding total recall, I've heard its stunning visually though.

Alex Cross.

MV5BMjE1MDE0NjUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQzNjg5Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Not bad, not brilliant. Couldn't decide whether it wanted to be an action thriller or a serious drama. In the end it was neither.

What's the film Webbo?

Someone with my name (no relation) does animation and drawings of pirates. He has done work on films. not sure which ones His name is Jonny Duddle. He has done a few children books. He tests them out on his own kids.

He may have worked on this film.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-17562012

Edited by Rincewind

Went to watch he hobbit in 3D last night I loved it personally the first hour is a bit slow but really kicks in after that, the effects and direction are fantastic, a few references to lord of the rings as well. How the hell I'd they talk Christopher lee into being in it as well? After they cut all his scenes from return of the king?!

Went to watch he hobbit in 3D last night I loved it personally the first hour is a bit slow but really kicks in after that, the effects and direction are fantastic, a few references to lord of the rings as well. How the hell I'd they talk Christopher lee into being in it as well? Especially as Saruman doesn't actually appear or even get mentioned in the book.

Corrected. Or Galadriel and Azog is dead, killed by, oh wait... Thorin's dad. And Mirkwood has been mirky for centuries. Radagast? Doesn't appear in The Hobbit but SHOULD be in LotR briefly. The whole Radagast sequence is so unTolkien it beggers belief.

Jackson is an arsewipe.