Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Does anyone know where the book thread is?

I need some good book recommendations

Fantastic film, i read the book first so knew what was coming. Plus the end is good as you arent expecting that ending (cant say much without ruining it), all depends on what you were focusing on during the film

Same here i've just finsihed all mine. Any luck finding it?

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...89&hl=Books

Yours to enjoy. Now!!! :D

Has anyone seen 'Lava', a Joe Tucker film. Smiggy is one of the funniest characters in a film I've ever seen. I always ask folks if they've seen it and no-one seems to know it. But I think Joe Tucker is from Leicester or somewhere close

A few bagain DVD's people should look into: (prices paid by me)

Donnie Darko - I bought this for 88p on amazon marketplace. Superb film, probably my favourite, definitely should be watched.

Pan's Labyrinth - £5, bit brutal but another great film, as long as you don't mind subtitles.

12 Monkeys - £2, on BBC other day and I ended up watching it because I just couldn't resist, Pitt is excellent.

Brick - £5, very young cast, but some great dialogue and a great watch.

Little Miss Sunshine - £5, was very surprised by this film, absolutely loved it. Very funny.

11:14 - £5, witty and entertaining. Not too long either if you prefer that.

Stranger than Fiction - £4 brilliant film, loved it. Described as a comedy but don't go in expecting Farrell's (sp?) usual stuff.

Proof - £5, maybe I liked it because I do maths, but thought it was overall a pretty entertaining film.

Small mentions: Fight Club, 21 Grams, The Usual Suspects, October Sky, Minority Report, Lucky Number Slevin.

Thinking about it I buy way too many DVDs.

Thats my fav film.

Watched Seven Pounds. Not really my type of film. Yes it makes you sad but I laughed. Giving your eyes to a blind man, come on.

It's weird watching 21 grams. For a fair amount of time you sit there thinking: 'What the hell is going on', then slowly everything is revealed, it's very nicely put together and a very satisfying watch.

As people may have seen in the film quotes thread, I am a fan of Dead Mans Shoes :D

It's absolute class (although quite psychotic) and I would suggest giving it a watch :thumbup: If you're 18 or above, of course.

dead-mans-shoes-20060509003805848-000.jpg

dead_mans_shoes.jpg

Dead Man Shoes is one of those films which has done exceptionally well off word of mouth. It came out on the cinemas with decent reviews but then on DVD, it's gained some following.

I remember renting it out from the old video box on Norwich Road thinking what a film it is and where did it come from? Six months later, my copy of it gets borrowed more times than the City-Derby video.

Was working in Blockies when Dead Man Shoes came out. Fucking sick film.

Also, as someone mentioned it, Lucky Number Slevin is the film with the single most undevided opinion, in my experience. EVERYONE likes it. Fact.

Not a single hater, and I spent like four years working in a video store. Seriously here.

Edited by Finnegan

Was working in Blockies when Dead Man Shoes came out. Fucking sick film.

Also, as someone mentioned it, Lucky Number Slevin is the film with the single most undevided opinion, in my experience. EVERYONE likes it. Fact.

Not a single hater, and I spent like four years working in a video store. Seriously here.

It's an American Guy Ritchie style film. I thought it was kinda meh.

Watched 'Vantage Point' last night.

The film only spans about 30 minutes of time but looks at the same situation (assassination of the American president) over and over from different people's perspectives. It was quite clever in its execution although the plot was a little far fetched.

Take it for what it is, try not to think about it too much, and you'll enjoy it.

And the car chase is up there with the best - I'm thinking Bourne. :thumbup:

Surprisingly, just watched Sin City for the first time tonight. Started it and thought I'd hate it, get bored and switch off after about 20 minutes but as it grew I found it much better. Very odd, but great film.

Fantastic film, think i'll be watching that again tonight after 5-a side!

Going to watch WAtchmen on the weekend with Mrs Singh, she's been told there will be no snogging in this one!!

Think i'll be popping along to see this very soon myself