Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I wasn't expecting much from that film but I seem to remember enjoying it. I think there is some long haired mafia bloke in it who is funny, along with plenty of other laughs.

It was better than I thought it would be. I just could not think of Ant and Dec as actors but the subject interested me.

Do you think Zingari would have liked it? It was supposed to be based on fact..

Watched Life of Pi last night 9.5/10, amazing story, very well played... just brilliant all round.

seems to be the overall feeling.

Sadly I can't get myself psyched up to watch some guy and a tiger stuck on a boat. My wife'll like it though.

got three films to watch in the next couple of days:

seven Psychopaths - though I think I'll just leave that for my wife too

Killing them softly - will give it a shot but the reviews haven't been too good. anyone seen it?

Dredd - I like sci fi action so I'm lloking forward to it.

seems to be the overall feeling.

Sadly I can't get myself psyched up to watch some guy and a tiger stuck on a boat. My wife'll like it though.

got three films to watch in the next couple of days:

seven Psychopaths - though I think I'll just leave that for my wife too

Killing them softly - will give it a shot but the reviews haven't been too good. anyone seen it?

Dredd - I like sci fi action so I'm lloking forward to it.

That's why a lot of directors didn't bother taking this film on and I was thinking the same thing, but its gripping all the way through and the story is played out really well.

I will be watching it again to try to understand parts of it a bit better but the whole film was brilliant and I am still trying to work everything out. Watch it.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Argo - half decent, 7/10. Was expecting better since rotten tomatoes and the like gave it very high ratings, then I remembered it's a movie where some americans outsmart some foreigners and so of course it had to get positive reviews across the pond. Still, not a bad movie if you've got nothing better to do for two hours.

Edited by MooseBreath

Watched Life of Pi last night 9.5/10, amazing story, very well played... just brilliant all round.

Wasn't a fan myself! It wasn't terrible but i think its been massively over-hyped! My wife hated it! I was luke warm on it! It was just that nothing much seemed to happen and it was a bit too preachy for me as well!

Watched SkyFall last night. Well after a brilliant opening titles, I had great hopes. A laudable attempt by Mendes to put some depth into a franchise that has recently fallen foul of Bourne's American upgrade to Bond.

However saying that, I was then disappointed, and the final third was a damp squib.

I only hope that the next one will take these themes forward and perhaps find some clever set pieces.

Barb Wire is a terrible film.

Not just mildly terrible or terrible in a funny way, truly awful film.

I watched this last night too. However I disagree entirely.

When I was younger it was a fun film worth pausing the vhs for and if I'm honest it still is. Except that it's actually a ****ing genius sci fi actioner with a big titted hero. Good clean fun.

Loved it. 6.9/10.

Just seen Django Unchained tonight and I feel like seeing it again. Quality in every aspect. Great storytelling with a couple of false leads, great acting (Jackson's entrance, DiCaprio from start to his finish), wonderful OTT violence (well-dosed). Love it!