Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched confessions of a dangerous Mind. Memoirs of Chuck Barris a US game-show host who claimed to be a CIA agent that carried out assassinations. He created The Dating Game and The Gong Show.

I got a handjob in the cinema watching that. Always makes me smile now when I see it on a movie channel.

Saw Django Unchained over the weekend, typical Tarantino, absolutely superb, wouldn't expect anything else.

Edited by MattP

Just watched The Untouchables. Had forgotten that Costner used to be a good actor. And whatever happened to Andy Garcia?

His performance in Godfather III made him untouchable.

Fcuk Don Mancini, laughable wise guy. Let alone Godfather.

Edited by MattP

I got sucked off a couple of years ago in the cinema. Cant remember for the life of me what the film was but whatever it was I highly recommend you watch it

Brokeback Mountain?

Brokeback_Mountain-662882909-large.jpg

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

Just watched unbreakable with Bruce Willis. Missed the first 20 min or so. It was about a bloke who was the only survivor in a train crash. Samuel L Jackson played someone whose bones broke easy. an was looking for the opposite to satisfy his fasination with comic books and super heroes. He believe that the comics were based on real people and there was one person somewhere who could not be hurt. At the end in the credits it said the hero had led the police to terrorist bombs and the other had been locked up. Why I won't spoil. Surely it wasn't based on a true story? Why put the facts at the end?

No don't think it was.

Weird that, the end seems to suggest it's a true story but of course it's not.

Good film though, I think the ending is brilliant even though they had those silly unnecessary epilogues.

Edited by Kitchandro

Just watched unbreakable with Bruce Willis. Missed the first 20 min or so. It was about a bloke who was the only survivor in a train crash. Samuel L Jackson played someone whose bones broke easy. an was looking for the opposite to satisfy his fasination with comic books and super heroes. He believe that the comics were based on real people and there was one person somewhere who could not be hurt. At the end in the credits it said the hero had led the police to terrorist bombs and the other had been locked up. Why I won't spoil. Surely it wasn't based on a true story? Why put the facts at the end?

No don't think it was.

Good aul Ken, never afraid to spoil a movie for those who haven't seen it yet! :)

Watched SkyFall last night. Well after a brilliant opening titles, I had great hopes. A laudable attempt by Mendes to put some depth into a franchise that has recently fallen foul of Bourne's American upgrade to Bond.

However saying that, I was then disappointed, and the final third was a damp squib.

I only hope that the next one will take these themes forward and perhaps find some clever set pieces.

Absolutely agree. Really enjoyed it apart from the final third too, which let it down.

1358869729-3207330255_n.jpg

Saw The Last Stand last night. A 100%, genuine switch off your brain film. Absolutely no character development and a plot you can see coming a mile away but an interesting attempt at a modern western (sometimes taken a bit too literally). A decent come back for Arnie with a decent supporting cast and just about bearable script. The director probably comes out of it the best, hopefully he gets more mindless action work like this, that isn't just franchises like Fast and the Furious type crap.

The Impossible,true story about one family who against all odds managed to survive a Tsunami 8/10

Django Unchained,typical Tarrantino,plenty of dialouge and some really ridiculous violence 8/10

Dredd,massive improvement on the Stallone version,enjoyable 8/10