Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I've noticed we're getting a lot of remakes/reboots of classic films or tv films, sometimes it doesn't work like The Starsky & Hutch remake in one word "terrible"

Anyway to get to my point I'm trying to thing of a classic film or tv series that I think would be good remake or reboot. One i thought of was TV series my dad watches, he's got it on dvd its called "The Invaders" made the 60's, personally i think it's terrible the acting is very weak and the whole thing is just boring but i think with a modern day adaption it would work.

Another thing they could try and do is reboot the carry on series, some people have said it would be very dated if released today but if maybe Edgar Wright produced/directed/written it in his style it might work.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Also why hasn't Roy Of The Rovers never been made into a film?

I've noticed we're getting a lot of remakes/reboots of classic films or tv films, sometimes it doesn't work like The Starsky & Hutch remake in one word "terrible"

Anyway to get to my point I'm trying to thing of a classic film or tv series that I think would be good remake or reboot. One i thought of was TV series my dad watches, he's got it on dvd its called "The Invaders" made the 60's, personally i think it's terrible the acting is very weak and the whole thing is just boring but i think with a modern day adaption it would work.

Another thing they could try and do is reboot the carry on series, some people have said it would be very dated if released today but if maybe Edgar Wright produced/directed/written it in his style it might work.

I used to watch The Invaders,thought it was quite a dull series:man sees ufo land,man tries to convince people aliens are here,no-one believes man,thats all it was about

:yawn:

I thought they repeated them or a new series made. Thought it OK at the time but by modern standards it would be poor. It was hard to convince people when the bodies disappeared to nothing when they were killed. You would think something would be left. And why didn't he recruit a partner. I am sure there would be plenty of Zingari-like people ready to join his gang.

Goal is not that far off being a modern day Roy of Rovers

Just watching that Wanted on itv2, Angelina Jolie jesus christ what you would do for a go on that.

Tomb Raider Jolie? I'd kill a thousand Father Christmases to get on that.

angelina-jolie-lara-croft.jpg

Not as keen since she went all Grim Fandango.

Edited by BoxingFoxes

Wild Bill,dad just out of prison tries to win his kids over and stay out of trouble with the local drug dealers,good film,another 8/10

wild+bill+2011+poster.jpg

I've just watched this. Thought it was decent. A couple of funny bits in it for me as well.

'He didn't like his birthday present'

'Oh yeah, what did you get him?'

'An old bike'

Obviously you need to have watched it!

Was told it was pretty to watch but over hyped by a work colleague.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the graphics was really stunning at times. He should have been stung by a jellyfish though- you will get it if you decide to watch the film.

Was it Pukka?

No, it were our own Mediocre Melton Mowbray pies!

Just watched the Ridley Scott Robin Hood. Why does Hollywood screw around with history? As for the shot that kills in the final battle, anyone who has played Total War will know that was impossible.

You used to make good films Ridley. :angry: