Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched Tower Heist with Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy.

All the pieces are there, but it didn't live up to it's potential at all. There's some good comedy actors in it and the storyline was quite interesting. But there was very little effort or imagination in the gags, which were few and far between. Only laughed 2 or 3 times.

4/10.

His death as Boromir is my favourite.

On that thought, what is you all's favourite movie death scene?

Any from the first two Godfather films. Film violence is rarely done with this amount of class these days.

A lot of James Bond ones are cool in a different way.

Poor night on the box (bar Weekly Wipe which I completely forgot was on) so whacked Full Metal Jacket on for the first time in donkeys tonight. Still as eerie as the first time I saw it. Incredible film.

Having a bit of a nostalgia spasm at the moment - next up, Falling Down.

Watched Cloud Atlas the other day.

The Seoul future is pretty cool. The old man in the home is amusing, until the pub scene, and then the rest is utter shite.

I'm sure the book is brilliant and this probably is a fair attempt at recreating a complex narrative within a tricky to adapt book.

However, the characters are mostly limp depth free shallow puddles. Worth having a gawp at some excellent and some dreadfully awful make-up jobs.

I have a list of films that I want to watch stored on my phone. However my phone is now off for repair so I have no clue how to cross off my list of films to watch.

Good god, just realised it could get wiped. There are over 100 films on the list!

Saw Django Unchained tonight. I didn't think it was as good as people are making out. It's not a 9/10 anyway.

It was a bit predictable and the last half hour dragged a bit after the two best characters left. There were some good performances but some over the top ones as well. Some of the violent scenes were done poorly, slow motion shots with rap music in the background doesn't really do it for me. And yeh I get it, there's a lot of blood.

Some will say that's what to expect in a Tarantino film but you've still got to judge it against films in general and not just his. And even if I did, you compare it to Pulp Fiction which was spot on and it's quite away from that yardstick.

I enjoyed quite a lot of it, especially the first half, it was worth watching but I'm not going to remember it as a classic.

Ditto, thought it was funny and Jennifer Anniston....wow

I've seen parts of it myself and the only thing worth watching is Jennifer Aniston of course, i kinda feel sorry for her now, her husband dumps her and she ends up in low budget crap comedy's. I've heard over the years she's auditioned for many big roles but got turned down. I'm sad to say she's another actress that as been typecast, she played Rachel in friends too long and this is the result. The best film she's appeared in since was Bruce Almighty since then it's been quite a long list of crap films. Okay Marley and Me was alright very sad ending though.

I've seen parts of it myself and the only thing worth watching is Jennifer Aniston of course, i kinda feel sorry for her now, her husband dumps her and she ends up in low budget crap comedy's. I've heard over the years she's auditioned for many big roles but got turned down. I'm sad to say she's another actress that as been typecast, she played Rachel in friends too long and this is the result. The best film she's appeared in since was Bruce Almighty since then it's been quite a long list of crap films. Okay Marley and Me was alright very sad ending though.

did you cry?