Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched 'Vantage Point' last night.

The film only spans about 30 minutes of time but looks at the same situation (assassination of the American president) over and over from different people's perspectives. It was quite clever in its execution although the plot was a little far fetched.

Take it for what it is, try not to think about it too much, and you'll enjoy it.

And the car chase is up there with the best - I'm thinking Bourne. :thumbup:

I watched that last night, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Fox You Forest

Best thing, by far, about Watchmen was the soundtrack. That was spuffworthy.

I think you had to be a standard nerd to enjoy the film to the fullest, though. I thought it was okay but I just wanted more violence and tits and less geektalk and silly costumes.

Malin Akerman getting her chebs out for the 285437574th film was a much appreciated highlight.

Next time I'm told that this is "the most hardcore film of the year" I'll try and remember I'm being told this by someone who thought Spiderman 3 was intense. Not a bad film, though, I just had the same sort of underawed feeling that I was left with post-Dark Knight. I was really just expecting a bit more Frank Miller and a little less campy men-in-spandex. I have to say I enjoyed The Spirit far more than this.

REALLY good soundtrack, though. Now I realise the theme between 300% of Daggers' recent posts in the Listening Now? thread. lol

Ahaha, I'm gutted. I just found out that one of the songs I quite liked off the soundtrack was MCR. Again explaining why Daggers was asking before.

Edited by Finnegan

Slumdog Millionaire

Just got back from watching it. It made me a bit moody for some reason.

Or that just the effect of my stolen mobile phone number problem? :dunno:

My guess is: yes.

Getcheryerself a new phone and go see the movie a second time.

I thought it was brilliant, touchy and bordering on the verge of kitsch at times, but always ever so gracefully making the turn back to seriousness. And Danny Boyle's a really likeable director.

By the way, I think I should go for "Dead Man's Shoes". And has anyone seen Gary Oldman's "Nil By Mouth"?

If you can recommend other good British movies made in the past 10 to 15 years, please let me know.

My guess is: yes.

Getcheryerself a new phone and go see the movie a second time.

I thought it was brilliant, touchy and bordering on the verge of kitsch at times, but always ever so gracefully making the turn back to seriousness. And Danny Boyle's a really likeable director.

By the way, I think I should go for "Dead Man's Shoes". And has anyone seen Gary Oldman's "Nil By Mouth"?

If you can recommend other good British movies made in the past 10 to 15 years, please let me know.

I'd recommend Lava, a Joe Tucker film. Real quality if you let it get goin. I loved it from the start but some folks who watched it with me took a while to get into it.

Defo watch Dead Mans Shoes, it truly is one of the best. Feels just like real life with the characters in it. As does Lava. Lava is harder to find though

Just found out there's going to be : Green street 2!

and it is based on west ham, chelsea and millwall holigans in the slammer

Potential :whistle:

Potentially the worst film in history. At what point did anyone think it was a good script... and I still can't work out why it's set in an American prison.

Nil by mouth - watched it when it came out, a brutally powerful film with two absolutely stunning performances. It's what the word gritty was invented for.

Nil by mouth - watched it when it came out, a brutally powerful film with two absolutely stunning performances. It's what the word gritty was invented for.

About to watch RocknRolla.
Watched Rocknrolla on DVD today... I quite enjoyed it and was surprised how funny it was (robbery scene with russian war crime people after them mostly). A blatant Lock Stock/Layer Cake rip of granted, but still enjoyable and some great performances in it.