Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

12 Angry Men

One word- immense despite the fact that majority of the film took place in a single room. I'm no film snob- I enjoyed some of mindless action flicks that some film snobs would look down their noses at but the fact I am able to appreciate its brilliancy just represent how great film it is and to anyone who haven't seen it yet- RENT/BUY it- it is easily in my top ten favourite movies.

Edited by ChickenBoy
  • Like 2

12 Angry Men

One word- immense despite the fact that majority of the film took place in a single room. I'm no film snob- I enjoyed some of mindless action flicks that some film snobs would look down their noses at but the fact I am able to appreciate its brilliancy just represent how great film it is and to anyone who haven't seen it yet- RENT/BUY it- it is easily in my top ten favourite movies.

Brilliant film, love it. Just so well written. You forget that it's in black and white, it's that good.

Just watched Life of Pi, great storytelling, directing and an effective use of CGI. Can't say much about the acting and dialogue as there is only really one character. Every animal on screen you felt for, but i feel they were a bit overly humanised. The tiger is the scene-stealer in the film, much like Caesar from Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the recent King Kong, but unlike these two no motion capture was involved. Very well paced and not too long. Worth the 4 quid from digitally renting it. 4/5.

Just watched Life of Pi, great storytelling, directing and an effective use of CGI. Can't say much about the acting and dialogue as there is only really one character. Every animal on screen you felt for, but i feel they were a bit overly humanised. The tiger is the scene-stealer in the film, much like Caesar from Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the recent King Kong, but unlike these two no motion capture was involved. Very well paced and not too long. Worth the 4 quid from digitally renting it. 4/5.

still not got round to watching this, but out of interest where did you digitally rent it from? i didnt think it was out yet??

Just heard Daniel Craig as quit as James Bond :( shame he isn't even too old, he's only 44 could easily do two more! So who should replace him? Sam Worthington wouldn't be a bad call.

Isn't it just Sam Mendes isn't directing the next one because he has theatre commitments. Craig has a contract for another two films.

Isn't it just Sam Mendes isn't directing the next one because he has theatre commitments. Craig has a contract for another two films.

My cousin just heard it on the news apparently, maybe he got mixed with him.

Edited by Leicesterpool

12 Angry Men

Watched it last night, very good. Think it could've ended better though, back in court with the verdict and the various reactions. Less is more though I suppose.

As for Hangover 3 - that's proper piss taking!

Edited by sdb

I watched Loaded Weapon again last night with some mates of mine and the jokes have definitely aged for the worse.

There are a few highlights in there, but all in all, it's really a bland parody of many 90ies flicks. This one's probably my favourite bit:

Edited by MC Prussian