Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Serenity is good, Firefly is incredible.

I watched the whole of 'Firefly' for the first time recently, and was blown away. I completely understood and identified with all the fan rage the second the last episode "ended". I sat there for a couple of seconds thinking to myself 'wait...surely that's not just it...?'

'Serenity' was alright by comparison. To me it just felt a bit...stilted. In parts anyway.

Looks intriguing. I love a bit of mystery and suspense:

The only thing I could criticize about it at first glance is the fact that Gosling plays a similar role to the one in "Drive" (2011).

Yeah I'm pretty sure the marketing team have deliberately made the trailer seem a bit Drive-like. If it's a fraction of the emotional torture that Blue Valentine is there are going to be some pretty shocked/confused audiences lol

In Bruges is immense.

I'm not sure I could be friends with anyone who didn't like it, it's so in tune with my sense of humour they'd probably ****ing hate me.

The Guard and Seven Psychopaths are also spectacular.

Good recommendation.

Watched The Guard last night, really impressive film, quite dark but with some genuine laugh out loud moments. Gleeson makes the film.

Watched a documentary on the Bones Brigade at the weekend which was excellent. I love the old school of skateboarding. Big fan of Lords of Dogtown and Dogtown and the Z Boys and this was right up my street on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Also caught Tucker And Dale Vs Evil which alongside The Cabin In The Woods was a nice twist on the horror movie staples. Well worth a watch.

Signed up for Netflix on the Xbox which is quality but the selection is a bit limited.

Any suggestions for a throwaway comedy to catch tonight?

Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg

Watched Donnie Darko last night, still trying to get my head around the plot. I feel like it's obvious, but for some reason can't seem to grasp it. Has anyone seen it?

Wreck it Ralph - loved it, really funny and a great way to kill a couple of hours.

Very average I thought - overrated.

Watched a documentary on the Bones Brigade at the weekend which was excellent. I love the old school of skateboarding. Big fan of Lords of Dogtown and Dogtown and the Z Boys and this was right up my street on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Also caught Tucker And Dale Vs Evil which alongside The Cabin In The Woods was a nice twist on the horror movie staples. Well worth a watch.

Signed up for Netflix on the Xbox which is quality but the selection is a bit limited.

Any suggestions for a throwaway comedy to catch tonight?

Heartbreak kid