Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Thought it was pretty entertaining myself. Might have had something to do with the actress though. I mean, fuarking hell.

Jennifer-Lawrence-katniss-everdeen-25022431-594-525.jpg

You've got a point about Miss Lawrence.

jennifer-lawrence-hot-1770394136.jpg

But the film itself was really unoriginal, based on the book which was the same. If I wanted a crap film with eye-candy, I'd watch Piranha 3DD.

PS. Not liking LargeAl's sig at the present time then? :ph34r:

You've got a point about Miss Lawrence.

jennifer-lawrence-hot-1770394136.jpg

But the film itself was really unoriginal, based on the book which was the same. If I wanted a crap film with eye-candy, I'd watch Piranha 3DD.

PS. Not liking LargeAl's sig at the present time then? :ph34r:

Wow! :wub:

Enjoying the Studio Ghibli season on Film4 at the moment.

Watching My Neighbour Totoro with FoxyJr now and will watch Spirited Away later on.

Love both, massively. Totoro is one of the best children's films ever made and Spirited Away is absolutely epic.

Love both, massively. Totoro is one of the best children's films ever made and Spirited Away is absolutely epic.

Yeah, they are. Studio Ghibli have been producing quality stuff for years, it's such a shame most people only know about Spirited Away because of the Oscar win.

My personal favourite though is amongst the first ones - Castle in the Sky.

Edited by leicsmac

Aye Laputa is tidy, Nausica is my favourite of their more grown up films and I'd pick between Spirited Away and Kiki overall.

Trip to the Ghibli Museum in Tokyo in September was the highlight of my year last year. Really fantastic place, so lovingly done with a lot of work and heart.

Aye Laputa is tidy, Nausica is my favourite of their more grown up films and I'd pick between Spirited Away and Kiki overall.

Trip to the Ghibli Museum in Tokyo in September was the highlight of my year last year. Really fantastic place, so lovingly done with a lot of work and heart.

One of my biggest regrets was not going there when I had the chance when I was working in the Far East. Hopefully I'll get to make the trip one day.

I also like Grave of the Fireflies, though not a film you want to watch when depressed. Has an amazing amount of intensity.

I'm odd with emotion in films, I get far more choked up by happiness than tragedy. I'm far more likely to shed a tear to Totoro than Fireflies, though I accept it is gutting.

If you ever go back East it's well worth it, though. Some stunning artwork on display and the whole place is set up like a little workshop.

Only criticism really is that it's not very interactive which is a bit sad for kids. There is a huge, cuddly, life-size Catbus they can play on though.

I'm odd with emotion in films, I get far more choked up by happiness than tragedy. I'm far more likely to shed a tear to Totoro than Fireflies, though I accept it is gutting.

If you ever go back East it's well worth it, though. Some stunning artwork on display and the whole place is set up like a little workshop.

Only criticism really is that it's not very interactive which is a bit sad for kids. There is a huge, cuddly, life-size Catbus they can play on though.

Depends on mood for me really. Sometimes I get choked up by watching something 'powerful' and tragic like GotF, City of God, Requiem for a Dream, Se7en etc, sometimes it's something more happy.

It's definitely still on my 'must-see' list - hopefully I'll get the chance one day.

They think they're cool these days.

What about all those people who intentionally try and look nerdy even when they aren't.

Went to see my neice today and she wears big thick national health looking glasses (fake glasses she doesnt need to wear them) and a t shirt that said geek on it.

Kids thesedays eh?

What about all those people who intentionally try and look nerdy even when they aren't.

Went to see my neice today and she wears big thick national health looking glasses (fake glasses she doesnt need to wear them) and a t shirt that said geek on it.

Kids thesedays eh?

lol Yeh I know exactly what you mean.

There's a girl on my facebook who's posted a picture of herself dressed exactly like that. In fact it could be her. Then again I think I've seen a few girls doing it the last couple of days. Could be her friends. Maybe it's a worldwide craze. What's her name?

She's fit btw :ph34r:

My Mrs has got The Hobbit on from the PS Store. About 20 minutes left but I've not been taking much notice so don't know what's the crack. Saw most of the bit where he meets Gollum though. Love that little fella and felt well sorry for him when I read the book when I was a youth. Wanted him to find the love of a good woman and settle down but it wasn't to be.

I just noticed that the orcs look much better in the Lord of the Rings films. These ones don't look half as hard.

This Is England

Excellent... and a bit scary in a "worry" kind of way.

Easy to see how EDL and their cohorts get new recruits using warped, bigoted rhetoric delivered with total belief and passion.

Never heard of it but will have a gleg. If it's on Lovefilm or the PS Store I'll watch it. Get really bored lately in the evenings and can never find a film I fancy watching. Roll on summer for the beer garden nights!

Why are you no longer ElEmpty?