Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The other day I noticed that you can change your own username now so wanted a terrible MC name for myself. Walked past the Mrs the other night on the way for a wazz and did that Dr Phil impression to make her laugh - "You smooth runnin bitch...I'm like a dogggggg with a bone", and thought "F*&K YES MC BONEDOG".

Life of Pi. Wish I'd gone to see it at the cinema. First class imagery, stage and premise, let down slightly by a fairly tame story in the end. A bit more depth to the story and it could have been a masterpiece. But still a great watch. 8.3/10

I don't get it. So the story was crap, but it was nice to look at?

Gotcha. Doesn't sound like my sort of film.

I realise that it doesn't make it sound very appealing..if you think of some of the spectacular visuals in Avatar, combined with the great shots in a programme like planet Earth, or even just like with some photography, the pure imagery can leave you in awe... If you appreciate that kind of stuff. Life of Pi is at the top of its game in that respect.

Edited by MooseBreath

I realise that it doesn't make it sound very appealing..if you think of some of the spectacular visuals in Avatar, combined with the great shots in a programme like planet Earth, or even just like with some photography, the pure imagery can leave you in awe... If you appreciate that kind of stuff. Life of Pi is at the top of its game in that respect.

I think if you're into that kind of stuff it makes it sound very appealing :)

But myself, I'm just not impressed by these films based around a lot of special effects.

Saw that Sightseers a week or two ago. Can't remember if it's any good though so might have to rent it again.

There was some boning in a caravan, very raunchy but no visible breasts, and there was some dude with a canoe on wheels or something like that.

I think if you're into that kind of stuff it makes it sound very appealing :)

But myself, I'm just not impressed by these films based around a lot of special effects.

I think there is enough in the story for you to be able to enjoy the film, the beauty of how it's shot just takes it up a notch.

Went to see "The Place Beyond The Pines" yesterday and I really enjoyed it. 2 1/2 hours of pure drama with a great cast - and I've hardly ever seen a character suffer so much like Eva Mendes'. Bradley Cooper convinced me in a terrific performance as a tormented cop/district attorney.

The movie also employs a neat and often overlooked storytelling device (not spoiling it for anyone).

Went to see "The Place Beyond The Pines" yesterday and I really enjoyed it. 2 1/2 hours of pure drama with a great cast - and I've hardly ever seen a character suffer so much like Eva Mendes'. Bradley Cooper convinced me in a terrific performance as a tormented cop/district attorney.

The movie also employs a neat and often overlooked storytelling device (not spoiling it for anyone).

Looking forward to seeing this. Might even take a rare trip to the cinema to see it.

I've not heard of this 'Oblivion' you speak of... please tell me it's not an Elder Scrolls movie: Video game films never work out well.

Edit: Just checked the trailer, it doesn't look too bad, but if the twist is that there are actually people living on Earth under Morgan Freeman's leadership, then they did a poor job putting it in the trailer. :D

Edited by Carl the Llama

I've not heard of this 'Oblivion' you speak of... please tell me it's not an Elder Scrolls movie: Video game films never work out well.

Edit: Just checked the trailer, it doesn't look too bad, but if the twist is that there are actually people living on Earth under Morgan Freeman's leadership, then they did a poor job putting it in the trailer. :D

Nope, that's not the twist... though it kind of gives you a clue to part of it.