Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Can't really go back to "The Untouchables" now that I've watched it with headphones on.

I don't think the film has aged overly well.

Sure, there's some witty dialogue in parts and a couple of memorable scenes (the diner speech, the baby wagon drama towards the end), but as a whole, it doesn't work for me no more.

When you listen to it closely, you can detect the magic of ADR (automated dialogue recording) and how often they used foley (artificially created sound effects) in post-production.

That makes it appear like a patchwork of a movie.

Lovely little twist on the humblebrag, that. Showing off your in-depth knowledge while dismissing it, giving the impression that you know even more interesting stuff beyond that. HEY MICROSOFT YOUR SHITTY BROWSER WONT LET ME TURN OFF ITALICS OR UNDERLINE OR ANYTHING YOU BUNCH OF WNKERS OMG AND HERE I AM TRYING TO MOCK SOMEONE. YOU ARE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL MICROSOFT FOR GOD'S SAKE, AN ABSOLUTE FOOL. Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 1

Just got back from Olympus has Fallen - really quite enjoyable. The terrorists back story could have perhaps been explained a bit more, only gave the tiniest bit of a hint why he was doing this, some of the deaths a bit hackneyed (beating someone to death with a bust of Abe Lincoln? seriously?) but I quite like it. Not a film I should have picked for a date though.

flame_and_citron_2008.jpg

I've had this knocking about for ages and finally got around to watching it last night. Pretty good WWII thriller about the Danish resistance (based on a true story). It's no Black Book but it's still good.

It's good but it's loooooooong. It felt like they'd shot the entire resistance in real time.

Took FoxyJr to see The Croods. It was alright. Nice father / daughter story but really overt Christian message.

Watched the Hobbit yesterday. Meh, it was alright, but kept thinking who's the king dwarf fella and what's he been in and would I recognise him. Apparently he's from Leicestershire. And no I don't. I won't spoil the ending of this one, but it all a bit obvious, if you've not read the book.

Saw Jack Reacher tonight. Was hoping to hate it. Was actually fairly well written, however, imo not well directed, and could have had a better lead. Other than that actually worth a watch, if only to occasionally get distracted by cleavage, and wonder if you might recognise that cleavage somewhere else.  :ph34r:

Watched the Hobbit yesterday. Meh, it was alright, but kept thinking who's the king dwarf fella and what's he been in and would I recognise him. Apparently he's from Leicestershire. And no I don't. I won't spoil the ending of this one, but it all a bit obvious, if you've not read the book.

Saw Jack Reacher tonight. Was hoping to hate it. Was actually fairly well written, however, imo not well directed, and could have had a better lead. Other than that actually worth a watch, if only to occasionally get distracted by cleavage, and wonder if you might recognise that cleavage somewhere else.  :ph34r:

Richard Armitage? He's been in Spooks, Strike Back and a few other UK TV things and he had a little cameo in the first Captain America film too. Looks like this is his first really big role.

And yeah, he's a Leicester man.  :thumbup:

Richard Armitage? He's been in Spooks, Strike Back and a few other UK TV things and he had a little cameo in the first Captain America film too. Looks like this is his first really big role.

And yeah, he's a Leicester man.  :thumbup:

Went to the same school as me, is the same age as me & is from Huncote.......the next village along from me.  I have absolutely no idea who he is.

I've watched two films recently:
'The Guardian' - is very recommended, Kevin Costner never fails to please me on the big screen (cinematic way!). 
​'The 5 Year Engagement' - poor. I love Jason Segel but this is one of his worst movies. The story line was okay, but the comedy was lacking, seriously. I only laughed a couple of times. By the end it was starting to become tedious! Very disappointing. 

Just watched Unknown. What a dumbass film with plotholes that Calcutta would have been proud of.

Seriously, who makes thrillers like this and believes people won't notice the glaring lack of logic?

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Whether you prefer Star Wars or Star Trek depends on your age, your politics and your gender...

Today the second installment of the Star Trek franchise reboot, Star Trek Into Darkness, arrives in UK cinemas. Britain has also received special place in this latest film, as the 

for the film prominently features a massive explosion in a futuristic London, and real-life Londoner Benedict Cumberbatch as the story's villain. 

A new YouGov survey asking Britons whether they prefer Star Trek or Star Wars reveals striking differences in preference among different demographics. Overall, the results are roughly equal, with 52% of those who have a preference choosing Star Wars to 48% for Star Trek.

The Force is strongest in Labour voters, with 57% preferring Star Wars to 43% preferring Star Trek. This puts them at odds with Coalition voters: Liberal Democrats went for Star Trek over Star Wars by 64% to 36%, and Tory voters also prefer Star Trek (at 53%) more than Star Wars (at 47%). UKIP supporters were evenly split in preference for either sci-fi franchise. 

There also seems to be a correlation between age and preference. Where 78% of Britons between the ages of 18 and 24 go for Star Wars - more than three times as many as pick Star Trek (22%) - an equal proportion (69%) of those over the age of 60 go for Star Trek versus only 31% who pick Star Wars. 

The genders were divided, too. Men are on the side of the Jedi by a margin of 13% (56% to 243%), while women prefer the crew of the USS Enterprise by a margin of 10% (55% to 45%). Men are also much more likely to have an opinion on the matter: only a third said they preferred neither franchise, compared to 45% of women who said so. 

*Unless otherwise noted all subsequent percentages have been resampled to reflect respective proportions of British adults within each demographic group that stated a preference for Star Wars or Star Trek (e.g. excluding those who responded "Neither" or "Don't know")

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/09/star-wars-vs-star-trek/

Whether you prefer Star Wars or Star Trek depends on your age, your politics and your gender...

Today the second installment of the Star Trek franchise reboot, Star Trek Into Darkness, arrives in UK cinemas. Britain has also received special place in this latest film, as the 

for the film prominently features a massive explosion in a futuristic London, and real-life Londoner Benedict Cumberbatch as the story's villain. 

A new YouGov survey asking Britons whether they prefer Star Trek or Star Wars reveals striking differences in preference among different demographics. Overall, the results are roughly equal, with 52% of those who have a preference choosing Star Wars to 48% for Star Trek.

The Force is strongest in Labour voters, with 57% preferring Star Wars to 43% preferring Star Trek. This puts them at odds with Coalition voters: Liberal Democrats went for Star Trek over Star Wars by 64% to 36%, and Tory voters also prefer Star Trek (at 53%) more than Star Wars (at 47%). UKIP supporters were evenly split in preference for either sci-fi franchise. 

There also seems to be a correlation between age and preference. Where 78% of Britons between the ages of 18 and 24 go for Star Wars - more than three times as many as pick Star Trek (22%) - an equal proportion (69%) of those over the age of 60 go for Star Trek versus only 31% who pick Star Wars. 

The genders were divided, too. Men are on the side of the Jedi by a margin of 13% (56% to 243%), while women prefer the crew of the USS Enterprise by a margin of 10% (55% to 45%). Men are also much more likely to have an opinion on the matter: only a third said they preferred neither franchise, compared to 45% of women who said so. 

*Unless otherwise noted all subsequent percentages have been resampled to reflect respective proportions of British adults within each demographic group that stated a preference for Star Wars or Star Trek (e.g. excluding those who responded "Neither" or "Don't know")

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/09/star-wars-vs-star-trek/

Highly illogical.

affiche-lgue012-fr-336x460.jpg

I like Daniel Auteuil, I like Mathieu Kassovitz but this was pretty disappointing. Good idea about a sniper that covers bank robbers during a heist and is then double crossed but some how they manage to throw in about 3 different genres and "What the f**k" moments that it kind of kills it. If they'd stuck to the original underlying plot device it would've been pretty decent as the action is quite well done but the conspiracy and serial killer elements ruin it.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

Waheyyy lol I knew you'd chime in with something. Someone else likes something you don't, shock!!!

You didn't know that at all.

I do watch and enjoy foreign language films actually. I just don't make it my business to watch every ten-a-penny foreign flick going just so I can appear more cultured like you do.

I know your type, and you make me sick to the stomach.

You didn't know that at all.

I do watch and enjoy foreign language films actually. I just don't make it my business to watch every ten-a-penny foreign flick going just so I can appear more cultured like you do.

I know your type, and you make me sick to the stomach.

lol

You're magnificent.