Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just finished watching The Road. Wow.

Already sort of knew what I was in for after trying to read the first few chapters of the book a while back but it was still incredibly hard hitting, and apparently its not as grim as the book. A must watch in my opinion, not really felt such sustained emotions all the way through a film before watching this. Gripping.

Watched Seven Psychopaths. They say it's a comedy and I didn't laugh much but still thought it was a great film. There were some good little stories embedded into the main narrative that were gripping and the ending is good.

7/10

If you want side splitting comedy go watch Anchorman or Team America or summat.

Guest seanfox778

Watched Hangover Part III tonight, was a little disappointing but funny in parts mainly due to Alan. Looking forward to The Purge. Saw the trailer for This Is The End and it looks hilarious.

did you like it?

Yes thought it was good. Only can remember Tim Robbins in two films, this one and Shawshank Redemption which is one of my favourites and this one.

Just Googled. He was in Bulldog Duham and Toy Soldiers too. I thought the film may have been from a book but the info I saw just credits the screen writer. He's also a musician and director. So all round talent.

Can't find one author but Jacobs Ladder is a bibical referance meaning a ladder to Heaven so there are a few books with the title.

Thought it might be someone like Stephen King.

Edited by Rincewind

Yes thought it was good. Only can remember Tim Robbins in two films, this one and Shawshank Redemption which is one of my favourites and this one.

Just Googled. He was in Bulldog Duham and Toy Soldiers too. I thought the film may have been from a book but the info I saw just credits the screen writer. He's also a musician and director. So all round talent.

Can't find one author but Jacobs Ladder is a bibical referance meaning a ladder to Heaven so there are a few books with the title.

It's not based on a book, but it's an original screenplay. The writer also wrote Ghost, which is his primary success. The original script is different to the final cut of the film, and the changes are interesting, as elements were simply unfilmable, and the director choose a different angle working with the writer. The script can be found with the dropped scenes, and background info to buy somewhere if you are interested.

Arlington Road is a good film with Tim Robbins & Jeff Bridges and although it is only a small part,he is also in War Of The Worlds

Edited by rico

Just saw the end of an animated film called Valiant. It's about pigeon  in WW!!. In the credits at the end it says the highest award for an animal is the Dickins medal and 32 were given to pigeons in WW ll.

How does a pigeon commit. What determines an act of bravery that was done knowingly done by a pigeon?

On channel Five Stargate is about to start.