Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Dead Man Shoes is one of those films which has done exceptionally well off word of mouth. It came out on the cinemas with decent reviews but then on DVD, it's gained some following.

I remember renting it out from the old video box on Norwich Road thinking what a film it is and where did it come from? Six months later, my copy of it gets borrowed more times than the City-Derby video.

I remember being told to watch it by an old drunk in a pub who could barely stand. That was about four years ago and even though I've been told by a billion other people I still haven't got round to it.

I have a huge ongoing argument with a friend of mine who is in the belief that Grandpa in The Lost Boys, is a Vampire?!?!?!?

Now I know there's a comic book version of The Lost Boys which indicates that he is (at least in that adaptation of the story), but she seems to think that the shelf in the fridge that says Keep Out is all his stored blood.

Sufficed to say that if he is a vamp in the film then there's some MASSIVE plot holes, but she seems to think that the reason he says "the one thing I never could stand about living round here.... all the damn Vampires" at the end, also means that he is. Whereas I think the majority of people would just recognise it as a humourous quip in an 'all's well that ends well' Hollywood resolution.

Can anybody settle this argument for me definitively??

Regards

stevehurst29

Edited by Guest

David and the Frog brothers begin to battle and the Frogs are quickly incapacitated. Soon Sam Emerson appears and helps Edgar and Alan fight the vampires. David then asks Sam for the location of Michael and Star. Sam's dog, Nanook, attacks a vampire that is about to hurt Sam, while Sam impales another with an arrow, killing him. Edgar then attacks two of the remaining vampires and David escapes vowing revenge. The three heroes are then shown in Sam's house. They first enter Grandpa's taxidermy looking for the antlers which were used to impale David. After they are found to be missing, they then go into the fridge noticing that the food is outdated and find the scent of blood in Grandpa's root beer bottles. They start to debate on whether Grandpa is a vampire or a vampire hunter, due to the things found and the fact that he knew to put a wooden stake on the front of his vehicle to kill Max. Grandpa soon returns and Sam asks him about these accusations. He then shifts his appearance revealing that he is in fact a vampire.

When Grandpa reveals he is a vampire, the Frog brothers try to kill him, but Sam stops them. Grandpa informs the Frogs that he is only a half vampire, and he feeds on animals in order to stay that way. When they ask him why killing Max did not restore his humanity, he tells them it's because Max didn't turn him, but The Widow Johnson did. Grandpa leads the boys to her house, and they go into the basement, only to be attacked by a swarm of female vampires. One of them over-powers Alan, so he yells for Edgar to help him. Edgar says to Alan that everything will be fine, but then Alan says the vampire forced him to drink her blood, and that he enjoyed it.

Wiki

Everybody knows Grandpa is a vampire.

Well, a half-vampire - as revealed in The Reign of Frogs

Fair play, but it says that that was written (in 2008) as a sequel to The Lost Boys and prequel to Lost Boys:The Tribe, so have they just taken that premise from the end of the film and developed it into a storyline in it's own right for the Reign Of The Frogs comic book?

:dunno:

Fair play, but it says that that was written (in 2008) as a sequel to The Lost Boys and prequel to Lost Boys:The Tribe, so have they just taken that premise from the end of the film and developed it into a storyline in it's own right for the Reign Of The Frogs comic book?

:dunno:

Probably - but I was convinced he was a vampire too when I saw the film the first time.

Probably - but I was convinced he was a vampire too when I saw the film the first time.

Fair enough

I'm glad you said that cos I've been having this argument with her for so long I don't think I could ever have backed down :D

I'll put it down to an ambiguous ending of the film :thumbup:

:D

What I meant was that it's clear if other people thought he was a vampire then it's not as black and white an ending as I (and I thought everybody else except my friend) thought :thumbup:

Edited by Guest

In Bruges - Excellent Film, not sure how... just really, really good. Watch it!!

Watchmen - A really good adaptation of the comic errr... graphic novel! But I'm not sure what it would be like if you haven't read it?

Edited by Phube

Because it blends a well written story with good acting and a heavy dose of magnificent humour, like Gran Torino currently does?

Not seen Gran Torino yet... have to wait for DVD...

EDIT: BTW Daggers what did you think of Watchmen? (If you've seen it that is!)

Edited by Phube