Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

What makes you think so? I'm not disagreeing, just curious. I've read a,lot of people taking it as face value and that surprises me. I'd expect it to be more divisive.

Without spoiling it for others, I've read the book too, actually prior to the film, and came to the same conclusion. Whilst conspiracy for a cover up might be suggested, for me it was more plausible that it was indeed an effort for the latter given the incidents that occur throughout the story. The storm is merely coincidental. 

It wasn't a bad adaptation either to be said. 

Isn't discussing intentionally ambiguous fiction a bit of a waste of time? There is no answer. That's the point. Good film though.

Well that's almost my point, to an extent.

I was very surprised to see the large majority take the ending at face value and assume the doctors are correct. To me it was highly ambiguous and let you make up your own mind so I thought opinion would be more split than it seems to be so I was wondering if I missed something.

The only bit of evidence that gives some certainty for me, really, the anagrams. And even then they could have manufactured the female ones.

I've not had the opportunity to see the film again recently, so might be worth gawking at the detail once more. Scorcese put enough homages throughout it cinematically, so I'll assume there are subtle hints to either side of the story it falls towards on further review that perhaps I may have missed or are different to the book.

Law Abiding Citizen

It has so many plot holes and things I'm not buying into it's unreal. Parts of it were very entertaining, a bit of justified revenge violence is good, I liked trying to understand his scheme and following where he was leading these twats (I mean they really are utter twats, yet it is implied we are supposed to be rooting for Jamie Foxx et al) but after it had finished I'd forgotten all that. I was just left feeling it was a massive disappointment considering what people had said about it.

But even if you buy into the basic premise which is rather unrealistic, it's just a ridiculous film. It's inconsistent, there are way too many things where I was just thinking 'no, not having it, are we supposed to be buying this?' and the conclusion was woefully unsatisfying.

After Earth pretty good but not astounding, you can tell it's a Shayalaman(so?) film, it made me about stand up out of my seat at one bit

Is the chemistry between will and son as cringeworthy as I'm expecting it to be?

I want to watch the film purely because I like seeing high budget cinematic images of a dystopian future, but the reviews are abysmal and I'm worried that the father and son duo might ruin the whole thing

I was with someone today (he was a guest on the Big Donut) from the Phoenix who is in the process of making his first full length feature film. It is called The Fort and set in Germany towards the end of WW2 and tells the story of four German soldiers and their relisation that the war is lost and they reflect on their lives.

One of my friends and fellow LCFC supporter is one of the main cast in that. 

Is the chemistry between will and son as cringeworthy as I'm expecting it to be?

I want to watch the film purely because I like seeing high budget cinematic images of a dystopian future, but the reviews are abysmal and I'm worried that the father and son duo might ruin the whole thing

I wanted to watch After Earth until I read that its a scientology Passion.

Just listen to this instead....

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/after-earth/

If some of the plot holes are true, it sounds mind blowingly bad. If Will Smiths character was part of the original evacuation from Earth and the animals on Earth have evolved to hunt humans, they've evolved in the space of about 20 years to hunt a species that no longer co-exists with them!!!

The fact that Will Smith also wrote it, regarding the Scientology angle, say it all.

One of my friends and fellow LCFC supporter is one of the main cast in that. 

Sounds an interesting film. He said he classed it as a chiller. Think they are doing a shoot this weekend.

He was talking after about a young girl in it and had to do her part in one go before she grew any taller. About seven or eight I think and her hair kept having to be cut.

Here's the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/FortMovie

Edited by Rincewind

I just found the DVD to one of my favourite films when I was a kid.

I remember being apoplectic with rage when my dad taped over it back in the VHS days. I now realise how bad it is.

It was blatantly made to try and get an Indiana Jones type franchise going but they couldn't just make a film about a famous fictional British pilot, they had to crowbar (more like hydraulic jackhammer) in an American character who 1986 audiences could relate to, so they had a terrible time travel plot involving an American salesman as Biggles' "time twin" *shudder*.

Someone should make a decent Biggles film.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

If some of the plot holes are true, it sounds mind blowingly bad. If Will Smiths character was part of the original evacuation from Earth and the animals on Earth have evolved to hunt humans, they've evolved in the space of about 20 years to hunt a species that no longer co-exists with them!!!

I don't think that's a plot hole though, I think its a scientology thing that dying of old age is because people aren't in touch with their body thetans or something isn't it? lol

Going to see what films are on Iplay watching bikes going round and round a race track is boring.

Billy Elliott Seen it

Don't Worry About Me

Handripper Drama about a nightclub

Man Of The Year looks like a comedy Well sort of Robin Williams is in it and I like him.

Edited by Rincewind

Going to see what films are on Iplay watching bikes going round and round a race track is boring.

Ken, If you have Firefox, download an add-on called MediaHint. You should then be able to access all the region locked videos on websites like Hulu and Crackle. There might be some films or TV Shows that take your fancy on there.