Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I love Ed Harris as an actor, I think he's brilliant. But there's a thing on Youtube where he was recorded on the set of The Rock just going ape shit. Presume it's still on there anyway, 

i think I've seen that, it's where he's staying in character as General Hummel in between takes. I assume he's just a really dedicated actor, even if he's in a Michael Bay film. There's a good one of Sean Connery in a lift and the doors don't close on cue and he says something like "close ya c**t"  lol

Edited by 21st Century Fox

i think I've seen that, it's where he's staying in character as General Hummel in between takes. I assume he's just a really dedicated actor, even if he's in a Michael Bay film. There's a good one of Sean Connery in a lift and the doors don't close on cue and he says something like "close ya c**t"  lol

Is he though? I'm not sure? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYN6t5xt0ps

Sly and Arnie just get worse and even worse. "You hit like an octogenarian."

Certainly get what you say about Sly and Arnie, but I cannot grasp or fathom why 50 Cent is cast in anything. He's so unbelievably bad. I mean shocking. 

Just watched "The Last Stand" it was actually pretty good and i think its pretty good proper return debut for Arnie. Story is straight forward and simple and the story moves well at a good pace, it's neither rushed or stretched too long. Plus Forest Whittaker playing a cop again!, blimey doesn't that guy get bored playing the same type role? Is this the same character he played in "Phonebooth"? 

Feedback please

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just watched "The Last Stand" it was actually pretty good and i think its pretty good proper return debut for Arnie. Story is straight forward and simple and the story moves well at a good pace, it's neither rushed or stretched too long. Plus Forest Whittaker playing a cop again!, blimey doesn't that guy get bored playing the same type role? Is this the same character he played in "Phonebooth"? 

Feedback please

I really enjoyed it,good solid action movie we all know Arnie can't act and if you don't like him in all honesty you shouldn't watch his films and say they're crap

I really enjoyed it,good solid action movie we all know Arnie can't act and if you don't like him in all honesty you shouldn't watch his films and say they're crap

that's not true. The term action movie, requires action. Mainly the action star of the movie. Falling through a door in the final third does not equal action. As he can't act, he no longer has a need to be in the movies, unless he really was taking the piss out of himself. that I would pay to see. 

Broken City was decent. 7.4/10

I'm never watching a movie trailer again though. The one for this film in imdb gave almost everything away.

I watched this without knowing what it was about,prob why I enjoyed it

that's not true. The term action movie, requires action. Mainly the action star of the movie. Falling through a door in the final third does not equal action. As he can't act, he no longer has a need to be in the movies, unless he really was taking the piss out of himself. that I would pay to see.

..but he's never been able to act,also there's quite a lengthy car chase in the final third along with a punch up on a bridge so there's slightly more action than you are implying

..but he's never been able to act,also there's quite a lengthy car chase in the final third along with a punch up on a bridge so there's slightly more action than you are implying

look, believe it or not Predator is one of my faves. That and plenty of other 80's classic with Arnie in them, even the the 'so-bad-it's-good' ones. The thing about action however over the top is believability. You pretty might can imagine the likes of Statham, the Rock etc kickin over the top ass, just like Arnie back in the day. Yet as I eluded above in my octogenarian gag, him Sly and JVD just don't do it anymore, and they haven't got anything to fall back on, like most action stars to be fair. For me, it was like watching a footballer, who used to be good, but now is show old and riddled with injury, its painful too watch him go through the motions, but no matter what players you put around him, it's time to call it a day.

Yeah i agree Arnie isn't the greatest actor in hollywood, but for some reason most films he starred in, turn out to be good films. I've heard various rumours over the years, most films he's starred in we're offered to no end of actors but all of them turn it down and eventually arnie gets the role and the film turns out to be a success. 

For me any actor could have played Arnie's role in the last stand, but the good thing with him being in any film your guaranteed a laugh. Myself i think his part in this would have been good for someone say like Tom Selleck, and i think if Tom played the part he would have brought more to the character and probably went deeper into his background. Arnie is typically a good action star, who will give you some good actions scenes and laughs here and there, but if you expect depth your character then Arnie isn't your man.

I heard a rumour that apparently this film has been in the pipeline for years, supposedly they tried to make it back in 2005 with Clint Eastwood playing the lead, but apparently Clint wasn't playing ball with the producers back then and eventually the film was temporary axed before the idea was brought back last year and this time they got Arnold.  

I can sort of put up with Arnie. He's easier to just laugh at. Maybe because of the accent and the Ranier Wolfcastle thing. Stallone on the other hand just pisses me off. Everytime that trailer for Bullet to the Head came on the TV I just had to switch off. I think it's the continually recycled really really awful cheesy lines that really annoy me about these films. It probably shouldn't, but it does.

I can sort of put up with Arnie. He's easier to just laugh at. Maybe because of the accent and the Ranier Wolfcastle thing. Stallone on the other hand just pisses me off. Everytime that trailer for Bullet to the Head came on the TV I just had to switch off. I think it's the continually recycled really really awful cheesy lines that really annoy me about these films. It probably shouldn't, but it does.

Cheesy lines are standard in action films. That's part of the genre. It's when a barb delivered by Sly, who looks like some sort of dyed, plucked, and tucked steroid chompin granddad greyback, it loses it emphasis and/or weight.