Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

World War Z. Given all the problems in production, it's actually quite good. Yeah, it's not your traditional lumbering zombies, but then neither was 28 Days Later et al. In fact the zombies are very like the infected in The Last Of Us... possibly a little too much, I'm wondering who copied whom.

Obviously it's nothing like the book, that would just not work on the big screen, but it does a good job of creating a sense of tension and a few jumps, whilst only being a 15 cert. My main criticism would be that, despite taking us to 4 different countries all around the globe, I didn't feel a sense of global apocalypse.

But all in all quite enjoyable. I've seen far worse zombie films.

Quite like the look of this. A black & white, psychedelic mushroom trip, set during the English Civil War.

Simultaneously released in cinemas, on DVD and VOD.

As well as being released tomorrow in cinemas, on DVD and VOD, this is being screened on Film4 at 10:45pm.

I was reading a revue fo The Lone Ranger in the Independent. Quite funny. Jonny Depp plays Tonto and it says they have tried to update it. Instead of people saying 'Who was that man in the mask.' They say 'What's with the mask dude?'

Quite witty review if someone finds it.

World War Z. Given all the problems in production, it's actually quite good. Yeah, it's not your traditional lumbering zombies, but then neither was 28 Days Later et al. In fact the zombies are very like the infected in The Last Of Us... possibly a little too much, I'm wondering who copied whom.

Obviously it's nothing like the book, that would just not work on the big screen, but it does a good job of creating a sense of tension and a few jumps, whilst only being a 15 cert. My main criticism would be that, despite taking us to 4 different countries all around the globe, I didn't feel a sense of global apocalypse.

But all in all quite enjoyable. I've seen far worse zombie films.

My dad went to see World War Z and said the first hour was good, until the story moved to Wales where he said it went down hill. To similar to 28 Days Later i think, which is class to be honest.

This is a weird one if you had to make a film about Leicester City? who would you cast Nigel Pearson?

Vinnie Jones

This is a weird one if you had to make a film about Leicester City? who would you cast Nigel Pearson?

Vinnie Jones for his hard man style or Russel Brand to convey Pearson's charismatic side

As well as being released tomorrow in cinemas, on DVD and VOD, this is being screened on Film4 at 10:45pm.

Was it any good? I read about it back in January time and thought it might be worth a watch. Wasn't it all filmed in a single day too?

Was it any good? I read about it back in January time and thought it might be worth a watch. Wasn't it all filmed in a single day too?

on Film4 tonight

Anyone been to see the new superman yet?

Keen to know what other people thought of it, as I thought it was load of rubbish! First hour was decent enough, however, the rest of it was so boring.

My brother in law is a big fan of the superman films he said it was rubbish.

Anyone been to see the new superman yet?

Keen to know what other people thought of it, as I thought it was load of rubbish! First hour was decent enough, however, the rest of it was so boring.

Somebody who I work with (and is a huge comic / superhero fan) hated Man Of Steel because superman wasn't wearing red pants.Going against tradition he said.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on Terminator Salvation and the future of the franchise. Myself I quite enjoyed Salvation wouldn't say it was wow-factor but i would say it was interesting, but thinking about it in some ways it was in a mess, you can tell even the creators when sure weren't the franchise was going when they were making this. To be fair Salvation got alot of criticism which it didn't deserve, okay it wasn't great but it would be unfair to say Terminator 3 was better. Salvation turned out to be a flop, i think the timing of release was wrong, it was released in the summer and of course normally you always face tough competition in a summer release. Maybe it would been better in a winter release.

Where does the franchise go from here? Well it's been announced that three more films are coming out with Arnie returning, but the big question is will this follow on from Salvation, in some ways i do as i think Salvation did structure something and if a good writer came on board to continue where it left off, then it may look Salvation to look better in a different light. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on Terminator Salvation and the future of the franchise. Myself I quite enjoyed Salvation wouldn't say it was wow-factor but i would say it was interesting, but thinking about it in some ways it was in a mess, you can tell even the creators when sure were the franchise was going when they were making this. To be fair Salvation got alot of criticism which it didn't deserve, okay it wasn't great but it would be unfair to say Terminator 3 was better. Salvation turned out to be a flop, i think the timing of release was wrong, it was released in the summer and of course normally you always face tough competition in a summer release. Maybe it would been better in a winter release.

Where does the franchise go from here? Well it's been announced that three more films are coming out with Arnie returning, but the big question is will this follow on from Salvation, in some ways i do as i think Salvation did structure something and if a good writer came on board to continue where it left off, then it may look Salvation to look better in a different light. 

Should of been put to bed after the second film!