Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

In Bruges - Excellent Film, not sure how... just really, really good. Watch it!!

Watchmen - A really good adaptation of the comic errr... graphic novel! But I'm not sure what it would be like if you haven't read it?

I never read the book and enjoyed it alot and it's not usually the sort of film i like.

Well I watched that 'Wanted' film, Jolie playing it cool on the eye...

Good action film with some decent special effects. I liked how the chap ended up in the Dodge Viper after what seemed like one or two 360 handbrake turns.

Also, is it possible to curve bullets from a gun like that?

Morgan Freeman = :worship:

I also watched this on Friday night - quite enjoyed it, even if it is a little far-fetched.

Morgan Freeman is quite simply a hero - the bit at the end...... 'Oh fuck'. Awesome.

And no i dont think it is possible to curve bullets - i can remember there being a big thing about it at the time of release, and i think they concluded that its not possible.

Jolie aswel, my goodness. Even though shes a bit skinny, she is top.

Just caught a glance of In Bruges on this page and noticed it was the big bender! Phube's reconsiled himself!

That's an utterly magnificent film. Lots of swearing and midgets, brilliant.

Why thank you... I think!! :P

BTW I have recently seen:

There will be Blood : Good, but not great. DDL was awesome as ever, but the story, esp. the end, were a bit of a let down to me!

X-Files: I want to believe: Okay, but not the X-Files I remember from my youth (Pre season 5). And no Aliens... what's up with that!?

Pride and Glory

A family of police officers - patriarch, two sons, and a son-in-law - deals with corruption in a precinct in Washington Heights. Four officers die in an ambush at a drug dealer's apartment. It's brother Francis's precinct, so when the investigation led by brother Ray finds hints of police corruption, there's pressure to close ranks and save Frankie's career. Dad, a police brass, promises Ray that he and Frankie can clean things up, and Ray should focus on catching the drug dealer who killed the cops. Meanwhile, brother-in-law Jimmy, a hothead and an enforcer, is visited at home by a lowlife. Is Jimmy involved in the corruption? Where can this take the family?

I thought this was a great gritty cop film, with great performances all round. 8/10

Edited by Leicfox