Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Well The inbetweeners are going to have a sequel, i've got to say i found the movie quite good it was even better than series and to be honest i wasn't exactly keen on the series. It's been announced the sequel is going to be based in Australia which should be interesting.

My guess of the plot will probably along lines of maybe the story is set a few years after the first movie where it appears the gang haven't spoken for years as they all went there separate ways. Each of them have got jobs apart from Jay, who is somewhat not getting used to adult life as he got get work, and gone into depression and he forced to go to alcoholic anonymous. Neil is currently living with his girlfriend who has five young kids and even Neil isn't sure which one is his. Will has got a successful job in a office and for once life is going okay he's still going with the girl from the from first movie, though he still living with his mum. Simon is the one doing well for himself, where he's got himself a good job and engaged to be married. 

Anyway somehow the gang bump into each other and tell each other how there going on, Jay fails to tell the gang about his life is and typically lies. Simon then tells the gang he's set to get married in a few of months. Jay jumps to the idea of getting the gang to give Simon a stag do holiday Down Under. So Jay manages to convince the gang to go, but of course it doesn't go well as planned. Some more secrets about Jay comes out!

Edited by Leicesterpool

Well Requiem For a Dream is going to stay with me for a while. Jesus Christ.

You think that's soul-destroying (which it is, never been able to watch Jennifer Connelly in anything else without thinking about that film), then watch City of God.  :( Fantastic, powerful, but not to be watched while depressed.

If we're talking "what is the most depressing film you've ever seen" I think I'd hands down give it to Biutiful.

Yeah, that's pretty awful.

Grave of the Fireflies another good shout for films to not watch while feeling remotely suicidal. Nothing like good old-fashioned downer endings.

You think that's soul-destroying (which it is, never been able to watch Jennifer Connelly in anything else without thinking about that film), then watch City of God. :( Fantastic, powerful, but not to be watched while depressed.

Have you seen City of Men as well? Equally as good as COG in my opinion.

Finally got through the end of Lincoln last night. It's taken me a week and a half to watch the whole thing. Certainly not one to watch before bedtime. Acting is good. Storyline is as exciting as eating a box of sand. I studied the American Civil War. I understand the importance of passing the amendment in the end, and it's great that they showed the side of politics that is apparent in the the White House today, but fook me it was dull as shite.

I used to save that piece of cinematic wonder for early Saturday/Sunday morning post club viewing. Nothing beats coming down and challenging your mind and soul with Requiem for a Dream.  lol

Is it any good?  Got quite a high score on IMDB.

After 21CF mentioned the double dildo, I went & watched a clip of Ms Connelly on all fours.  Is it worth putting it into some sort of context?

After 21CF mentioned the double dildo, I went & watched a clip of Ms Connelly on all fours.  Is it worth putting it into some sort of context?

Better to watch the entire film to understand why she ended up in that particular situation. And yes, it's extremely good.

• Like 1

As that happens in the climax (excuse the pun) of the film, it would be hard to put in context. Put it this way, the film is about drugs, both prescriptive and illegal, and the downward spiral of addiction and the lengths (again excuse the term, that addicts will go down the slippery slope of depression, and degradation to keep themselves 'fixed'. 'We've got a winner!'

• Like 1

Better to watch the entire film to understand why she ended up in that particular situation. And yes, it's extremely good.

As that happens in the climax (excuse the pun) of the film, it would be hard to put in context. Put it this way, the film is about drugs, both prescriptive and illegal, and the downward spiral of addiction and the lengths (again excuse the term, that addicts will go down the slippery slope of depression, and degradation to keep themselves 'fixed'. 'We've got a winner!'

Just my cup of tea.................I'm on it!! 

Req 4 drm is phooking excellent. Likewise Pi and Black Swan. The Fighter is pretty good too. Not so keen on The Fountain. Aranofski has a new film out next year called Noah but it sounds a bit fountain-esque. Which he'd do more of the trippy druggy stuff.

The Wrestler, The Fighter is David O. Russell.