Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I'm not! I'm just watching ones on the imdb top 250 that I haven't seen yet. There's not that many and it seems like I subconsciously avoided all the depressing ones lol

Edit; and yes, it's bloomin brilliant. I wasn't expecting the ending to hit me at hard as it did, its not like it came out of nowhere. Proper tear jerker.

Edited by Ozwin

I'm not! I'm just watching ones on the imdb top 250 that I haven't seen yet. There's not that many and it seems like I subconsciously avoided all the depressing ones lol

Edit; and yes, it's bloomin brilliant. I wasn't expecting the ending to hit me at hard as it did, its not like it came out of nowhere. Proper tear jerker.

You ought to watch Boy In The Plastic Bubble,that'll get you blubbin' lol

Edited by rico

watched Oblivion yesterday thought it was terrible I was on my laptop doing some bits at the time as well but just a re-hash.

Got After Earth to watch tonight may just leave it till the weekend, some poor films out at the moment no decent comedy's either.

looking forward to the wolf of wall street but that's about ya'lot

Sure I've asked already somewhere but has anyone seen This is the End yet? ****ing hilarious. I usually avoid Seth Rogan movies but this had me in years several times. The magazine scene, my lord.

Get on it chaps.

If you haven't watched Pineapple Express you're severely missing out.

One of the most realistic fight scenes in history.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbYtRHeHSvU

lol

Edited by Finnaldo

Maybe. Some might say Blackadder in the captains role but what about the seargent? Seargent Wilson had the best put down gags

Baldeick a Jones type? But he was too involved and stole the show. I think it would have to be a completely different plot based somewhere else. Maybe from the air wardens point of view?

Would the cast want to do it though. One or two of them have said that they are too old and that was the anerversary documentary a few years back.

Maybe. Some might say Blackadder in the captains role but what about the seargent? Seargent Wilson had the best put down gags

Baldeick a Jones type? But he was too involved and stole the show. I think it would have to be a completely different plot based somewhere else. Maybe from the air wardens point of view?

Would the cast want to do it though. One or two of them have said that they are too old and that was the anerversary documentary a few years back.

I can't see either Hugh Laurie or Tim Mcinnerny returning though my guess is Rik Mayall might get a bigger role, plus some new faces. I also don't think they'll use the characters from dads army, i think they'll just use their plot's from the series.

Another thing to mention is there is supposedly rumours of a Dad's Army film, is that idea still on? or is the idea for that going to be used in the Blackadder film? 

Edited by Leicesterpool

How is Once Upon a Time in America not more highly spoken of?

Maybe it is and I've just been oblivious to it all but my god, what a movie.

Because chav-bait like Scarface always seem to get recognition, whereas this does not. But I did prefer West, just by a fraction.

Well Requiem For a Dream is going to stay with me for a while. Jesus Christ.

One of my favourite depressing films! Love the Clint Mansell tune 'Lux Aterna' or THAT trailer music!

Follow it up with My Neighbour Totoro and you'll be fine.

My daughter (4) has just watched Totoro and Spirited Away (her first Ghibli) and she loved them! I am so proud... :)

She especially like the CatBus..

Never heard of them, but a Wikipedia search later I find he's from Coventry!

Pop Will Eat Itself were a decent band in the late 80s / 90s, Clint could be seen down Fan Club quite regular back in the day

Apparently the new Batman could be Leicester's own Richard Armitage. Would they seriously cast two British actors as Batman and Superman?

**** I sound like Leicesterpool...

Apparently Superman Vs Batman will be using a plot from an old episode of Dad's Army. Superman will be taking the Captain Mainwaring role and Batman will be Warden Hodges.

• Like 1

Richard Armitage is a month older than me, came from the next village from me & went to the same school as me.  I could say that he is my 'claim to fame'.......except I have no idea who he is & cannot remember him in the slightest.

I went to the same school as Batman?

Apparently the new Batman could be Leicester's own Richard Armitage. Would they seriously cast two British actors as Batman and Superman?

**** I sound like Leicesterpool...

Apparently Superman Vs Batman will be using a plot from an old episode of Dad's Army. Superman will be taking the Captain Mainwaring role and Batman will be Warden Hodges.

post-3550-0-19645800-1375714373_thumb.jp