Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched The World's End... I am hoping it's one of those films you get more from a second time as I was pretty disappointed.

Some funny moments, most of which had already been in the trailer.

Saw it too - thought it was pretty weak to be honest - no where near on par with Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the dead. Actually it was pretty crap.

Took my lads too, they both thought the same, so it's not just me being on old git!

The Pursuit of Happyness is ****ing brilliant isn't it?

I feel like they could have made the lows even lower if they wanted but I guess with Will Smith as the lead it was never going to get to a level that people felt too uncomfortable with but yeah, really enjoyed it. Started getting properly teary eyed when

he gets the job

, was such a great scene, Will Smith has his downsides but he really knows how to do these emotional scenes. I still can't watch the Fresh Prince episode when his Dad leaves him again. :(

Check it out yo.

Guest seanfox778

Went to see The Wolverine tonight. Better than X-Men Origins I thought, Some good fight scenes in it. Better than I expected 7/10

Edited by seanfox778

The Pursuit of Happyness is ****ing brilliant isn't it?

I feel like they could have made the lows even lower if they wanted but I guess with Will Smith as the lead it was never going to get to a level that people felt too uncomfortable with but yeah, really enjoyed it. Started getting properly teary eyed when

he gets the job

, was such a great scene, Will Smith has his downsides but he really knows how to do these emotional scenes. I still can't watch the Fresh Prince episode when his Dad leaves him again. :(

Check it out yo.

Should have been renamed the pursuit of money.

Should have been renamed the pursuit of money.

Yeah I watched this for the first time two nights ago and all the way through I was expecting him not to get the job at the end and realise that true happiness comes from within bla bla bla. The ending basically puts forward the idea that money = happiness. I suppose it's quite refreshingly honest if a little obvious.

Watched Seven Psychopaths last night. Meh, missed the sharp dialogue of En Bruges and the last third peters out into a lack of tension and an actual point.

Disagree massively! I'm a big fan of In Bruges and The Guard and felt this was an enormously brilliant third part to a great spiritual sequel of family genius. It helps that I love Sam Rockwell's generic insane man so much that I forgive him for being repeatedly typecast.

I thought it was witty in a more absurd way, less sharp but more laugh out loud funny than the other two and I really applaud the fact that the final third is a complete story telling mess.

I've the utmost confidence that it's done deliberately and very self awarely which all fits the mood of the film.

Performances were lush. Walken and Rockwell were there to be themselves and I suppose Woody was too, a little. But practice makes perfect and a film that sets out to be a celebration of wacky violence just needs these people to be the icons you expect.

I can't sing it's praises enough. Comfortably one of my all time top comedies, I think I was as short of oxygen watching Psychopaths as I was Death to Smoochy on first viewing. High praise.

Disagree massively! I'm a big fan of In Bruges and The Guard and felt this was an enormously brilliant third part to a great spiritual sequel of family genius. It helps that I love Sam Rockwell's generic insane man so much that I forgive him for being repeatedly typecast.

I thought it was witty in a more absurd way, less sharp but more laugh out loud funny than the other two and I really applaud the fact that the final third is a complete story telling mess.

I've the utmost confidence that it's done deliberately and very self awarely which all fits the mood of the film.

Performances were lush. Walken and Rockwell were there to be themselves and I suppose Woody was too, a little. But practice makes perfect and a film that sets out to be a celebration of wacky violence just needs these people to be the icons you expect.

I can't sing it's praises enough. Comfortably one of my all time top comedies, I think I was as short of oxygen watching Psychopaths as I was Death to Smoochy on first viewing. High praise.

To each their own. As I said the dialogue wasn't as sharp as the two you've mentioned and it felt as though it wasn't the final draft of the script, and it was made due the availability of the actors rather than a polished script. I appreciate that it was a send up of the genre, but it did feel like a few good ideas for some loony dream sequences stitched together with a poor premise. Perhaps i was expecting more after En Bruges and The Guard, and the the final third just felt unsatisfying. 

Don't get me wrong there's some funny in there, and some send up of the violence being depicted. Rockwell is solid, and Walken felt underused. Maybe my underlying issue was Colin Farrell. It should have been much wimpier casted actor.

Anyway, like I said to each their own. I will look forward to the next McDonagh instalment.

What is the most disappointing film you've ever seen. You'd looked forward to seeing it for months then you leave the theatre dissapointed.

The Fly remake from the 80s, went cinema to see it and left so disappointed,now it's one of my favourite films

What is the most disappointing film you've ever seen. You'd looked forward to seeing it for months then you leave the theatre dissapointed.

Natural Born Killers. I thought it was blummin rubbish, but haven't watched it since to find out if I was correct.

Yeah I watched this for the first time two nights ago and all the way through I was expecting him not to get the job at the end and realise that true happiness comes from within bla bla bla. The ending basically puts forward the idea that money = happiness. I suppose it's quite refreshingly honest if a little obvious.

It's not the money itself that's important, it's the fact that it provides security, a home, food on the table, a place for his son to grow up, etc.

Had a small window in which to go cinema yesterday so went with limited choice of films and saw s screening of The Conjuring. I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed it's gotten such rave reviews. I expect fifteen year old little girls to hype films like this but to see it widely applauded by critics and viewers alike is baffling.

Awful, full, predictable, formulaic horror with no standout performances, a massively melodramatic score and a silly plot full of holes and unfinished stories.

I like horror done well but every time I venture to see a Hollywood attempt these days I'm disappointed.

Watched The Hunter yesterday and enjoyed it.

It's an Australian film set in Tasmania about a mercenary (played by Willem Dafoe) under the guise of a university academic, who goes in search of the supposedly extinct Tasmanian Tiger.