Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Saw the Hunt with a then girlfriend in Soho when it was in the cinema and again a few months ago when it came on LoveFilm. Absolutely staggering vehicle for Mads Mikkelsen who I love anyway.

Some of the reactions and the writing was almost a little TOO hysterical at times but then I suppose who knows? One of the best individual performances of the last few years, though. Very understated. Very Danish!

Yeah I was slightly perplexed though at how resigned he was and the lack of protest he put up to the accusations but I guess it's so far out there you just can't judge what a normal reaction would be. There were so many points where it got so uncomfortable I could barely watch anymore. When that bin bag turns up on his doorstep I almost lost my shit.

over a year late to party but I watched Prometheus the other day. really good visuals, none of the effects looked like they were an effect which was great. the environments all looked real and plausable.........but.

It left me at the end of the film asking alot of questions like:

Oh wait! SPOILERS!!!!!!!! for anyone who's not seen it

why did the Iain Dowie aliens leave maps all over the world to a planet that was just like an army base/weapons factory?

why did the old guy pretend he was dead? and why didnt they just get an old man to play him rather than put a young guy in some rubbish looking old man make up?

why did they reveal that the blonde woman was the old guys daughter when it had no impact on anything?

why were the Iain Dowie aliens on the hologram thing running away from something? where they running from the black alien jizz? if so why did the Iain Dowie alien that got killed by the door run into the room full of the canisters with the black alien jizz in it?

why when they found the Iain Dowie alien body did the biologist guy get all scared and ran away with the ginger cockney? the Ianin Dowie Alien had been dead for like 2,000 years. surely he would have been interested in this kind of stuff? 

how come the biologist guy later in the film didn't run away from the alien snake thing like he did with the iain Dowie alien body? that thing was moving around and looked way creepier and it raped his face.

why did the robot take a pot of the black alien jizz onto the ship whithout telling anyone?

why did he put some of it the american scientists drink?

did the old guy tell him to do it? he never brought up with the robot so I dont think he did.

did he know the scientist would have sex after he infected him and create the squid baby?

why was there a little fish jumping around in the infected scientists eye if the jizz was mutating him?

I need my brain medicine 

It's bloody lovely and I shall not stand for this blasphemy!

lol

When a film receives an oscar, you expect something decent.  Usually.  There are exceptions to this - this being one of them.  Even the mrs agrees!

Still I have Life of Pi to watch now.  In 3D.  I hope it fares better than this!  After all, it won 4 oscars... :thumbup:

I know they say never judge a book by its cover, but that looks like utter dogshi t

It's not as bad as it looks to be honest. It's never going to win an award. It's fine to watch for 90 minutes. 

Plus I'm a massive De Niro fan so watch everything he is in. 

over a year late to party but I watched Prometheus the other day. really good visuals, none of the effects looked like they were an effect which was great. the environments all looked real and plausable.........but.

Oh wait! SPOILERS!!!!!!!! for anyone who's not seen it

why did the Iain Dowie aliens leave maps all over the world to a planet that was just like an army base/weapons factory?

why did the old guy pretend he was dead? and why didnt they just get an old man to play him rather than put a young guy in some rubbish looking old man make up?

why did they reveal that the blonde woman was the old guys daughter when it had no impact on anything?

why were the Iain Dowie aliens on the hologram thing running away from something? where they running from the black alien jizz? if so why did the Iain Dowie alien that got killed by the door run into the room full of the canisters with the black alien jizz in it?

why when they found the Iain Dowie alien body did the biologist guy get all scared and ran away with the ginger cockney? the Ianin Dowie Alien had been dead for like 2,000 years. surely he would have been interested in this kind of stuff?

how come the biologist guy later in the film didn't run away from the alien snake thing like he did with the iain Dowie alien body? that thing was moving around and looked way creepier and it raped his face.

why did the robot take a pot of the black alien jizz onto the ship whithout telling anyone?

did the old guy tell him to do it? he never brought up with the robot so I dont think he did.

did he know the scientist would have sex after he infected him and create the squid baby?

why was there a little fish jumping around in the infected scientists eye if the jizz was mutating him?

I need my brain medicine

lol

Ask the guy who wrote the script. He did Lost. So I doubt he even knows the answers himself!

You forgot to question why the lady ran in the direction of the rolling spaceship, instead of rolling at, say, a path 90 degrees away from its rolling direction. Or, you could have asked why the black goo made some guy turn into a zombie on a rampage. Or, you could have asked what the heck are they going to do in a follow up film with that head in a bag... That seriously made me laugh when I watched this on the big screen, although I don't think this was the intention. So many questions, so many blatant plot holes, the film was an absolute disaster.

No doubt we'll end up with another farcical 120 minutes or so of "sci-fi" in a follow up and, although spoilt with visuals, will still have 101 questions we want answering remaining unanswered.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Went to see the Partridge film last night. Obviously it's completely mindless stuff but who cares when it's that funny.

"Here's today's fact of the day; a horse does not have a hymen. Instead it has a partially opened cervix."

:D

lol

Ask the guy who wrote the script. He did Lost. So I doubt he even knows the answers himself!

You forgot to question why the lady ran in the direction of the rolling spaceship, instead of rolling at, say, a path 90 degrees away from its rolling direction. Or, you could have asked why the black goo made some guy turn into a zombie on a rampage. Or, you could have asked what the heck are they going to do in a follow up film with that head in a bag... That seriously made me laugh when I watched this on the big screen, although I don't think this was the intention. So many questions, so many blatant plot holes, the film was an absolute disaster.

No doubt we'll end up with another farcical 120 minutes or so of "sci-fi" in a follow up and, although spoilt with visuals, will still have 101 questions we want answering remaining unanswered.

since ridley scott directed it I bet they'll be a 12 hour directors cut released in a couple of years that will answer everything  lol

Oh wait! SPOILERS!!!!!!!! for anyone who's not seen it

I need my brain medicine