Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Deerhunter- I thought it was crap.The first hour is watching people dance at a wedding reception and then the action sped through. then Robert DeNiro spends the last hour moping around his shitty little town. God knows how it won so many awards.

The Deerhunter- I thought it was crap.The first hour is watching people dance at a wedding reception and then the action sped through. then Robert DeNiro spends the last hour moping around his shitty little town. God knows how it won so many awards.

lol I love it. One of my fave films of all time!

Bridesmaids- I really enjoyed it.

Really? I hated every second of it. lol

Lawless - brilliant!

Bored me. lol

lol I love it. One of my fave films of all time!

You're just being contrary now. :D

I agree tbh. I loved the scenes in Vietnam and all the russian roullette scenes, but they didn't make up much of a percentage of the running time and the rest was pretty disappointing.

The Great Gatsby - long. Had to watch it in three parts. Some good shots of a buzzing 1920s New York. Nice bit of flair in the production and a decent soundtrack. Overall not bad, slightly surprised that it got so many negative reviews. Maybe they are book purists, but I thought the book was a dull affair so no problem. Easy 7.05/10

I agree tbh. I loved the scenes in Vietnam and all the russian roullette scenes, but they didn't make up much of a percentage of the running time and the rest was pretty disappointing.

That was deliberate though surely? It was showing that war is not like going out on a deer hunt and can affect a person more. They started off by killing without thinking that it was not good for the deer but in Vietnam the targets returned fire.

It did drag on a bit though. I liked the music.