Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Really interesting cast but it could turn out like the Total Recall remake...

Judging from the trailer it also seems to lack the dark humour/satire of the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

I actually didn't mind the TR remake, though it annoyed me that they sewed up the storyline instead of leaving it open-ended like the original.

Judging from the trailer it also seems to lack the dark humour/satire of the original.

This trailer doesn't give me hope. Awful music, no hint of threat from the bad guys, and not much hint of story. I appreciate that they are trying to engage a new audience with a character and his origins all in one trailer, but this is poor.

Robocop should have the metallic blue armour not black,too much like Batman

What is it with remaking decent films like Robocop & Total Recall. The originals were great, leave them be. The reboots add nothing to the original, half decent cast in that Robocop trailer admittedly though.

Just read that the 4th Mad Max film is out next year. Tom Hardy in the lead role, Mel Gibson makes a cameo. 

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a513083/tom-hardy-in-mad-max-fury-road-first-picture.html

I want to rewind the clock a bit here. Remember the good old days of Police Academy?

Can't beat Bobcat Goldthwait prose:

Love the Police Academy films, Capt Harris & Proctor were great. Harris replaced by Mauser in the 2nd film, gave us this great scene. Always makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVucVW6Vwg

Edited by separator

This trailer doesn't give me hope. Awful music, no hint of threat from the bad guys, and not much hint of story. I appreciate that they are trying to engage a new audience with a character and his origins all in one trailer, but this is poor.

I echo this. 

OOOOOOOW! I just broke my nose face palming.

how can they make robocop a PG13?

you want awesome practical effects? satire? interesting characters? what are you some kind of fag bro?

I wont be buying this for a dollar.

Edited by The God Emperor

Insidious.

The first half hour - 45 minutes is just boring cliché horror stuff. They try doing all that tension stuff but you see right through it. It got better as it went along though and it was pretty damn scary in bits (I'm not sure why a film like that is a 15, yet any sighting of a female nipple and it would be an 18).

It's one of those films it's not worth thinking about too much. I'm not quite sure how many plot holes there are, but I suppose that's not the point of this kind of thing. It was a good ending too.

7/10.

Insidious.

The first half hour - 45 minutes is just boring cliché horror stuff. They try doing all that tension stuff but you see right through it. It got better as it went along though and it was pretty damn scary in bits (I'm not sure why a film like that is a 15, yet any sighting of a female nipple and it would be an 18).

It's one of those films it's not worth thinking about too much. I'm not quite sure how many plot holes there are, but I suppose that's not the point of this kind of thing. It was a good ending too.

7/10.

I watched that the other night. Didn't find it at all scary but was good and creepy in places. Took a bit too long to get going but worth a watch

I can't un-hear this bloody song now though...